Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 hour ago, sebdeserio said:

I'd keep him at right back. Having him further back with Tajon in front of him would be a nightmare for the left sides of Concacaf.

MLS is doing we all hoped it eventually would around 10 years ago. 

The list of Canadians U23 with playing time this year is outstanding. 

TFC Academy seems to be doing a great job, and kudos to TFC for giving so many young lads an opportunity with the first team.

Seeing young Canadian break through American teams is always a joy and i consider icing on the cake

Edited by hamiltonfan

26 minutes ago, Corazon said:

He's probably in my game day 18, let alone 23 man Canada squad right now.

He's playing out of the back now. He's too raw playing there to be tossed into World Cup qualifying yet.

Listening to him being interviewed shows he isn't yet comfortable with his new found glory. Tajon looks better in the back than as a striker but he's probably at the point where Laryea was 1-2 years ago. 

So, he's not ahead of Laryea, ZBG and other experienced fullbacks (can include Davies also).

1 minute ago, red card said:

He's playing out of the back now. He's too raw playing there to be tossed into World Cup qualifying yet.

Listening to him being interviewed shows he isn't yet comfortable with his new found glory. Tajon looks better in the back than as a striker but he's probably at the point where Laryea was 1-2 years ago. 

So, he's not ahead of Laryea, ZBG and other experienced fullbacks (can include Davies also).

I agree re Laryea, but I am not sure about ZBG.  I get that we are excited about him, but Montreal was poor in defence for much of the year.  I am not sure that ZBG (who is also just a young guy) is a clear step above Tajon.   

Like Davies I’m not convinced he plays at the back for Canada. Certainly not with Laryea, ZBG, Johnston and Cordova to compete for the RB spot.

I think Canada’s wide attacking options right now would be Hoilett, Davies and Buchanan easy. Larin I suppose is another option if he’s considered a wide option, which doesn’t seem ideal but may be suitable given Cavallini and David being scoring machines for Canada.

32 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I agree re Laryea, but I am not sure about ZBG.  I get that we are excited about him, but Montreal was poor in defence for much of the year.  I am not sure that ZBG (who is also just a young guy) is a clear step above Tajon.   

ZBG is very good but god is MTL bad, he just has little support.

It’s been interesting watching the past 2 years of player development.  2 years ago we just didn’t have any full back depth; now we have multiple players starting at FB in the MLS or higher levels with Davies and Laryea - to an extent - turning into stars at their positions.

Buchanan has certainly been one of the emerging players that helps contribute to this depth.  It’s been great to see him emerge this year- even though he’s mostly a winger at this point.

16 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Agreed, and I have long rates ZBG.

Tajon is progressing quickly. Well done kid 

1 hour ago, One American said:

I don't see him really being a right back with Canada. 

I agree with this. He played all year as a RW, just RB the last 2 games. He played great I just don’t know why everyone is pencilling him in as a RB. Besides, we need more depth on our wings. 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

32 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I agree with this. He played all year as a RW, just RB the last 2 games. He played great I just don’t know why everyone is pencilling him in as a RB. Besides, we need more depth on our wings. 

The same reason why people were pencilling Lareya in at LB after one game.  Or why people say we should put Hutchinson at CB etc etc etc.