Tajon Buchanan

nolando

4 hours ago, SoccMan said:

It’s funny Shaffelburgh I think it was in 2019 in the beginning of the TFC season was given a decent amount of playing time by TFC and did impress at first but then faded as the season went on but he showed some  flashes. Then last year just didn’t impress much whenever he played some minutes. But Buchanan just made the most of any playing time he got with New England and kept getting better where Bruce Arena just could not leave him off the roster. I’m hoping Shaffelburgh can improve this year because he has shown he has some potential and maybe be this season’s Tajon Buchanan. Hopefully Buchanan can inspire a guy like Shaffelburgh and he has a good season too, because he has speed and has some skill that he can hopefully improve on.

Tbh, I am hoping Cornelius, Montgomery, Miller, and Dunn are this year’s Buchanan as boy could we use some break out years at CB

53 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

I hope Buchanan gets developed as a left winger. He looked great cutting in. 

I hope he continues to play wherever. He looked excellent on both sides. It’s so dangerous when you have a fluid front three, when they all can interchange positions. It has defenders completely guessing/adjusting, they can’t get comfortable knowing that if you’re going to cut in or go to the byline. Tajon and Ballou was doing just that, and it balances the attack.

I hope this is our identity, because we have sooo many versatile attackers. 

6 hours ago, An Observer said:

Tbh, I am hoping Cornelius, Montgomery, Miller, and Dunn are this year’s Buchanan as boy could we use some break out years at CB

I think we’ll see a CB emerge.

Montgomery, Miller, Dunn, Romeo, Norman, Didic, Zator, Cornelius, Halbouni, Sturing, Yao, and Kennedy...  Oldest is 26 ? We have James, Ferreira and Vitoria who are older than 26 ?

I like our odds for just 1 CB to emerge but it’s clear going forward that our depth at CB is on the up.

15 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Keep in mind most mocks in his draft year had him going top 2 or 3 and some first. Not sure why he dropped. Ended up going 9th. St. Clair went 7th and even though TFC needed a young goalie and wingers and both these guys are from Toronto, they decided to take GRIFFIN DORSEY 6th! Good job Toronto.

I'm sure there is a Harry Potter fan in the club that wanted him just for his name. Point to GriffinDorsey!

31 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

SC Freiburg from Bundesliga is a rumoured team.

Seems very thinly sourced..manuel Veth admittedly randomly threw that club name out there a few days ago now a source is stating that club is interested..I’m not really buying this although I have no doubt he’s catching the eye of some bigger clubs 

Edited by Floortom

2 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

The source is someone from his agency.  It could be his agency drumming up a market or it could be real. 

I checked out his agency (Octagon) and they have several top USA youth players and none of them have moved to Europe, all MLS based, they also have Raposo and Miller.

Its the same old baloney.   A young guy puts together a solid season, has a flash of next level skill and everyone is jumping on the transfer bandwagon. And then these same guys will moan when he (example Borges, David or Larin) take a season to adjust and get back on form in the new league. 

Whats wrong with getting fully established in MLS, Pot 10 goals with 10 assists next year, and be then leave when your a bit more mature enough to handle europe??   WHats he on..about 130g with a GA contract??

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Its the same old baloney.   A young guy puts together a solid season, has a flash of next level skill and everyone is jumping on the transfer bandwagon. And then these same guys will moan when he (example Borges, David or Larin) take a season to adjust and get back on form in the new league. 

Whats wrong with getting fully established in MLS, Pot 10 goals with 10 assists next year, and be then leave when your a bit more mature enough to handle europe??   WHats he on..about 130g with a GA contract??

It depends what the offer is. Some offers you can't reject, because they take you down a path that MLS won't. He's been in MLS for two years and is 22. That is an appropriate time to make a move, and he is not young anymore.

Best thing about the performance the other day was scoring confidently with both left and right feet and in different ways.

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It depends what the offer is. Some offers you can't reject, because they take you down a path that MLS won't. He's been in MLS for two years and is 22. That is an appropriate time to make a move, and he is not young anymore.

Best thing about the performance the other day was scoring confidently with both left and right feet and in different ways.

Bogert is a very reliable source aswell, he doesn’t make things up so there’s real interest. The who is the question.

Transfeemarkt picked it up.  The unnamed source quoted SC Freiburg.

@Floortomnot sure if it’s the same recycled source or not.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/tajon-buchanan-scouted-by-european-clubs-scored-twice-for-canada-on-friday/view/news/382248

“The goals came just hours after Transfermarkt had learned that Buchanan is being scouted by European clubs. One source with knowledge of the situation has told Transfermarkt that his agency Octagon has strong connections to the German market. "Buchanan would do well at a mid-table club like SC Freiburg," the source said. “

Edited by baulderdash77
Link added

2 hours ago, Ed_S said:

No rumours at all on the German transfermarkt site.

Sometimes it is just the agent that pushes the rumour.

Still, Freiburg was more like a team that moved between B1 and B2, lately they spend more time in B1. But I like that sort of option. They are going to be in B1 next season, they are closer to Europe than to relegation. A team where the pressure is not high and they can give him minutes. 

For me, anything in any of the top 5 leagues for a player like this, and always better to be on a club that can use you. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

46 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Sometimes it is just the agent that pushes the rumour.

Still, Freiburg was more like a team that moved between B1 and B2, lately they spend more time in B1. But I like that sort of option. They are going to be in B1 next season, they are closer to Europe than to relegation. A team where the pressure is not high and they can give him minutes. 

For me, anything in any of the top 5 leagues for a player like this, and always better to be on a club that can use you. 

And, having spent some of my teenage years nearby, a very nice part of Germany and a great town for young people.