Tajon Buchanan

nolando

10 hours ago, davey_twelve said:

Didn't catch the game but he played for the final 10 minutes this weekend.

I watched the last 20 minutes. The NE announcers seemed very excited about him. They said he had a "wiggle in his dribble". ??? 

He made some decent runs and had a chance on goal with his head from a cross. I think based on his performance and the announcers comments we should see him more regularly getting minutes at the end of games. 

• 2 months later...

Haven't watched him yet. NE are such a downer buzz, but perhaps I'll take time out to tune in and see how he looks. 

He has already played 7 games and were still in May. That would get you an automatic Gold Cup call in years past. How times have changed.

I also see he is a '99. He may have a good shot at the U-23 team, but there is big competition from the players in CPL now. The level is lower, yes, but if you are playing and scoring in Canada, you may have an edge for selection over a guy like him who is playing less minutes and subsequently not scoring as much in MLS.

Edited by Obinna

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone know what happened with Tajon last year? Did New England sign a RW or two which pushed him out? He was almost a regular up until June then was either not in the squad or on the bench for the rest of the season. Was winning plaudits so seems odd he was dropped. 

Hopefully more minutes this season for him. He did look bright from what I saw of him 🤷‍♂️

he only got four starts and two were in heavy losses and two others were draws..and arena gave more time to some like zahibo and then bou arrived in july..even this year gonna be very tough to get time..they brought two left backs so dejuan jones could go back to wing

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Unbelievable miss there - hopefully he can put it behind quickly.

According to the much hyped MLS Audi Index, he earned 112 points for that miss.  The guy in charge of marking him should have lost -112 points.  Who was that?

18 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

According to the much hyped MLS Audi Index, he earned 112 points for that miss.  The guy in charge of marking him should have lost -112 points.  Who was that?

It was actually Brault-Guillard who was ball watching on the play - to be fair, I thought ZBG had an excellent game otherwise.

• 4 months later...

I was impressed with his entire game. He’s fast, strong and really great in 1v1. 

I noticed how he affected Laryeas ability to get forward because he has to be aware of him.

He gets more opportunities with NER and Millars position with the men’s team seems a lot less assured.

Im actually excited to see what our U23 team will look like. So many options - which is weird to say.

33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I agree that Tajon was good. Looking forward to him getting into our Olympic team, maybe even the senior team if he keeps doing well...

If he plays like he did today and starts putting in some goals and assists then I can't imagine him not being in our player pool selection.  It was his first start in a very long time and since Arenas took over the Revolution, his minutes have been limited.  Here's hoping that changes.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

I was impressed with his entire game. He’s fast, strong and really great in 1v1. 

I noticed how he affected Laryeas ability to get forward because he has to be aware of him.

I'd like to watch him against an actual LB and see what remains of the 1v1 skills...

Sometimes you take ratings with a grain of salt but FotMob rated Laryea player of the game.  Coincidently Fotmob also rated Tajon the lowest starter on Revolution.  Still rated equal to Bradley and higher than DeLeon, Pozuelo, Akinola, Shaffelburg & Endoh.

Okello was rated as the highest subsitutute and above almost every starting midfielder/attacker for TFC. 

Edited by Corazon

• 1 month later...