Tajon Buchanan

nolando

23 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Man... ya'll like to argue for the sake of arguing huh?

Sometimes...it's all we have. 

All joking aside I like sensible debates. And I'll be the first to stand corrected when multiple people tell you "you're wrong". Could be my youth though, where the later it's different. 

On 4/6/2021 at 10:34 AM, Shway said:

I wouldn't. I prefer England. 

I would prefer anywhere but England.   No cnd player who has ever left canada to go play over there has ever developed into a better player.  There is long history of this and its hard to refute when you look at the track record of players who have left canada and gone overseas.  Many who have gone to Europe (but not to england) have developed their professional careers, moved to better clubs,  been better able to leverage their experience to improve our MNT team in concacaf play....etc etc.   Those who have ended up in england,   Its been the opposite.  They become squad guys,  they stay at the same club or move around from club to club within the same league and so forth.   If their clubs gets promoted, the clubs sells them...etc etc .   I could go on forever.  

There is alos the matter of the bureaucratic paperwork needed and required that really works against canadian players playing in the UK.  Dont recall the exact details but  you are better off being from other parts of the world than from Canada.   You may have an affinity for that partbof that region and that fine.  But its doesnt mean that its been good for our overseas players.  

17 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So you are saying his next move should be where, based on his unarguable incapacity to adapt to any other culture?

Keep him as close to home as possible. Bring the Brampton Lions back into CSL. Make sure he can have Mackay Patties any time he wants. No need for that junk foreign food!

58 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I would prefer anywhere but England.   No cnd player who has ever left canada to go play over there has ever developed into a better player.  There is long history of this and its hard to refute when you look at the track record of players who have left canada and gone overseas.  Many who have gone to Europe (but not to england) have developed their professional careers, moved to better clubs,  been better able to leverage their experience to improve our MNT team in concacaf play....etc etc.   Those who have ended up in england,   Its been the opposite.  They become squad guys,  they stay at the same club or move around from club to club within the same league and so forth.   If their clubs gets promoted, the clubs sells them...etc etc .   I could go on forever.  

There is alos the matter of the bureaucratic paperwork needed and required that really works against canadian players playing in the UK.  Dont recall the exact details but  you are better off being from other parts of the world than from Canada.   You may have an affinity for that partbof that region and that fine.  But its doesnt mean that its been good for our overseas players.  

Just off the top of my head I would say Millar, Tomori, Corbeanu , Peters, Simpson, Jackson and indirectly Hoilett and H####### became better players in England!

Not saying Richie isn't the incumbent at right back, because he is, but last night he didn't look up to his best. I was only half watching, but I saw a few turnovers and instances where the Leon attackers got around him, which isn't typical of Richie. I know this thread is about Buchanan, but was Laryea playing through a knock or something, or did he just not have his best game? It happens..

I like Tajon as an attacker, but if his route into our starting line up as at fullback, and Laryea is out of form (not saying he is at the moment, because it was just one game), Buchanan's spot in our team may not be blocked as much as we think.

26 minutes ago, gator said:

Just off the top of my head I would say Millar, Tomori, Corbeanu , Peters, Simpson, Jackson and indirectly Hoilett and H####### became better players in England!

Jackson and Hoilett I'd agree with.  

Peters stagnated in the Championship after being lableled a can't miss prospect in Germany.  

Simpson flourished in Turkey, had to leave NEgland to take his game to the next level.

Jury is still out on Corbeanu and Millar. 

Tomori and that other waste of humanity have no place in this conversation.  

7 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Jackson and Hoilett I'd agree with.  

Peters stagnated in the Championship after being lableled a can't miss prospect in Germany.  

Simpson flourished in Turkey, had to leave NEgland to take his game to the next level.

Jury is still out on Corbeanu and Millar. 

Tomori and that other waste of humanity have no place in this conversation.  

Hate to bring them up but they were Canadian when they left!

48 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Not saying Richie isn't the incumbent at right back, because he is, but last night he didn't look up to his best. I was only half watching, but I saw a few turnovers and instances where the Leon attackers got around him, which isn't typical of Richie. I know this thread is about Buchanan, but was Laryea playing through a knock or something, or did he just not have his best game? It happens..

I like Tajon as an attacker, but if his route into our starting line up as at fullback, and Laryea is out of form (not saying he is at the moment, because it was just one game), Buchanan's spot in our team may not be blocked as much as we think.

I didn’t watch much of the game last night but I remember thinking the same thing at the beginning of last season (or maybe it was the season before). He seemed to be out of sorts and I thought maybe he just had a lucky year and wasn’t really as good as we all thought. Then he turned it around and was a beast.

48 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I see him as a marauder, a raider, and for now with a limited skill set but a sense of goal. Or maybe it is a limited decision-making set. In MLS this does not matter, you can roam, hit away, be loose about things, and this works in attack. But it is not enough. We saw in Guadalajara that he needs to grow a lot more to be a mature player, and he's already 22.

So a move would definitely benefit him. I am not saying he would not be able to be this kind of loose attacker, with bits of indiscipline, but he'd get some the dumb stuff kicked out of him, like not making the right decision on a pass to a teammate. Or his defensive habits: he would engage in defense, and if the attacker turned him a bit, he would disengage, turn away even, drift off. This was surprising to me, if you are holding, even up high, hold damnit! And go with the guy at least until he is into the next line of defense. This is something no one has asked him to do.

30 minutes ago, archer21 said:

I didn’t watch much of the game last night but I remember thinking the same thing at the beginning of last season (or maybe it was the season before). He seemed to be out of sorts and I thought maybe he just had a lucky year and wasn’t really as good as we all thought. Then he turned it around and was a beast.

Last night Laryea was not great but still had a decent game, had one or two good runs were chances were created . Moreover , I’m pretty sure Leon knew who he was and usually flooded his flank with players whenever he was about go on one of his runs . Yes he was beat a couple of times but it seemed like Leon was always overloading the flanks whenever the ball was in either flank . He wasn’t spectacular but did his job and considering the opposition and playing with a lot of younger players who were put in such a big game so early on in the season he still did well. He had some good moments.

2 hours ago, gator said:

I take issue with each one of those.   H###### developed in Germany, not england.   How has Peters developed?   He was regarded as our top prospect for a while, he want to s second tier club(Ipswich).  Stayed there for while then was out of the game.    None of these guys have progress.   Its night and when you compare to what you see with the players who went to germany. 

your list proves my point.  

Edited by Free kick

29 minutes ago, Free kick said:

I take issue with each one of those.   H###### developed in Germany, not england.   How has Peters developed?   He was regarded as our top prospect for a while, he want to s second tier club. Stayed there for while then was out of the game.    None of these guys have progress.   Its night and when you compare to what you see with the players who went to germany. 

your list proves my point.  

So Jackson went over to play non league football and ended up in the premier league but didn’t improve during that time?

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I see him as a marauder, a raider, and for now with a limited skill set but a sense of goal. Or maybe it is a limited decision-making set. In MLS this does not matter, you can roam, hit away, be loose about things, and this works in attack. But it is not enough. We saw in Guadalajara that he needs to grow a lot more to be a mature player, and he's already 22.

So a move would definitely benefit him. I am not saying he would not be able to be this kind of loose attacker, with bits of indiscipline, but he'd get some the dumb stuff kicked out of him, like not making the right decision on a pass to a teammate. Or his defensive habits: he would engage in defense, and if the attacker turned him a bit, he would disengage, turn away even, drift off. This was surprising to me, if you are holding, even up high, hold damnit! And go with the guy at least until he is into the next line of defense. This is something no one has asked him to do.

He's 26, but point taken on your assessment on him. Most of it is fair. 

On 4/7/2021 at 1:30 PM, El Diego said:

I obviously haven't ready the whole thing (over 300 pages) but I went through the Conclusion part. A relevant portion:

"Nonetheless, providing language courses at the club would contribute to the athletes’ performance.

That's actually super interesting and in my opinion makes sense. 

If I remember correctly one of the first things BM had Davies do was take German language classes. Not surprised with a club like BM. 

Edited by apbsmith