Tajon Buchanan

nolando

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

Buchanan looked rusty for Canada despite his involvement in the go ahead goal. Fortunately we should have two friendlies ahead of Argentina where he can dust off the cobwebs.

From my angle, he just looked isolated when ever he got the ball, just like his mate on the left as well.  The strikers were tripping over themselves, no help from the mids and the wing backs had nowhere to go.  They'd get the ball and their only option was to magically do something on their own with no help or options.  It was way too easy for a mediocre T&T to isolate and double team them.   

9 hours ago, Obinna said:

Buchanan looked rusty for Canada despite his involvement in the go ahead goal. Fortunately we should have two friendlies ahead of Argentina where he can dust off the cobwebs.

From my angle, he just looked isolated when ever he got the ball, just like his mate on the left as well.  The strikers were tripping over themselves, no help from the mids and the wing backs had nowhere to go.  They'd get the ball and their only option was to magically do something on their own with no help or options.  It was way too easy for a mediocre T&T to isolate and double team them.   

5 hours ago, costarg said:

His rustiness had very little to do with double teams. I agree the 3 strikers didn't help but there was a bunch of individual stuff that was on him, especially early.

- Very early, Davies beat his two men and then another for good measure and feeds an ?isolated? - ie. absolutely wide open- Tajon who skys it. 

- He didn't rotate back (ie. like a wingback) when Johnston came forward and therefore didn't help on one of their big chance.

- His poor control gave them another.  

Grew into the game and had a big part in the first goal.

Like a whole lot of players, the more competitive minutes the better.

Milan derby, della Madonnina, this evening, 8:45 local time. I was surprised to see that Inter has the advantage historically. Not sure Tajon would start since a win means the scudetto, and it is of symbolic importance as well, but hopefully he plays.

See Inter has come out defending the continuity of Inzaghi as he was rumoured for the Liverpool job.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

Just now, Unnamed Trialist said:

Milan derby, della Madonnina, this evening. I was surprised to see that Inter has the advantage historically. Not sure Tajon would start since it is of symbolic importance as well, but hopefully he plays.

If Inter wins this game, they will also win the title, so I think they’ll go with their tried and true strategy of running their starters into the ground.

Torino, Sassulo, Frosinone, Lazio, and Verona to close the season out afterwards. Lots of bad teams in that mix, hope that his minutes start going up after this week.

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

If Inter wins this game, they will also win the title, so I think they’ll go with their tried and true strategy of running their starters into the ground.

Torino, Sassulo, Frosinone, Lazio, and Verona to close the season out afterwards. Lots of bad teams in that mix, hope that his minutes start going up after this week.

I just edited by post to add that detail, which I'd missed.

29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I agree -- I think as soon as the title is secured they will rotate (or at least, that's when they would start potentially rotating). The points record is unobtainable now so if that was a motivation then that's gone.

8 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I agree -- I think as soon as the title is secured they will rotate (or at least, that's when they would start potentially rotating). The points record is unobtainable now so if that was a motivation then that's gone.

That I didn’t know. If that’s the case, there’s no reason he shouldn’t be getting more minutes. Cuadrado is back though, maybe they give him more minutes to shop him.

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Hard to judge his play in garbage minutes. 

I hope they do give him a start in these last 4 remaining matches

He had made a few good runs into space but wasn’t found by teammates.  The right back he is up against is laying pretty disciplined positionally so not a lot for him to exploit when he has the ball - and there always seems to be an extra body or two over there to cover any attempt to dribble through. 

just won a corner.