Tajon Buchanan

nolando

11 hours ago, PopePouri said:

Tajon's position in the starting eleven for CA is blocked by someone named Richie Laryea. For us, he should gamble on Europe and hope he takes that next step.

There seems to be a running joke with this forum about turning attacking wingers into full backs. Anyhow, I say no, he needs to be a forward, winger or attacking mid.

2 minutes ago, Macksam said:

There seems to be a running joke with this forum about turning attacking wingers into full backs. Anyhow, I say no, he needs to be a forward, winger or attacking mid.

Wasnt someone just posting Shaffleburg transition to FB as well? 

Its funny people are commenting on Lareya having a subpar game, when it was clear Leon were focusing on exposing him on the defensive end.  The same will happen to Buchanon if he continues at FB, he'll have games where he'll be swamped with defensive duties and the fans will be dissapointed  I'd like to see him stay a winger.  

29 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Its funny people are commenting on Lareya having a subpar game, when it was clear Leon were focusing on exposing him on the defensive end.  The same will happen to Buchanon if he continues at FB, he'll have games where he'll be swamped with defensive duties and the fans will be dissapointed  I'd like to see him stay a winger.  

Yes

26 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Completely different players and skillset.

Jacob has shown his hustle is his best attribute. He’s not very skilful or has shown the tenacity/ability to take guys on 1v1 like Tajon. So I wouldn’t say they are a comparable guys.  

Shaffelburg would be thee perfect candidate for that winger to fb move imo. 

Do we have a young winger someone doesnt want to move to FB??  Seems to me didnt TFC try it with Raheem Edwards before Lareya?  We'll know its a real thing when calls for Corbineau and Nelsen to become FB hit the boards.  

2 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Do we have a young winger someone doesnt want to move to FB??  

Yes.  Millar, Corbeanu, Tabla, Nelsen, Rutty, Raposo, Brym, ...

I think its only Shaffleburg and Buchanon people talk about that; and the latter played there at the end of last year and did well

8 hours ago, An Observer said:

Yes.  Millar, Corbeanu, Tabla, Nelsen, Rutty, Raposo, Brym, ...

I think its only Shaffleburg and Buchanon people talk about that; and the latter played there at the end of last year and did well

I think someone on the forum mentioned moving JMR to full back but hoped it was tongue in cheek.

5 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Really? He does not have the profile of a CB at all

That’s what I thought too.  Game didn’t go well as they lost 3-0 if I recall correctly.

It was 3 games ago and they lost 3-1 to Yeovil Town

Edited by Weng

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

If true this is crazy. A right back at Juventus and a left back at Bayern ? Pinch me I’m dreaming.

I wonder if Juve missing out on Reynolds to Roma has anything to do with it. 

Some nice clubs listed there, obviously. Salzburg and PSV are probably where his playing time would come easiest, perhaps Sporting also.

Like Davies a few years ago, I am somewhat conflicted about him developing as a wingback, but if that's what it takes for him to play at a high European level, I can get behind it.

With Corbeanu coming along nicely at Wolves, and Millar still in the mix to become a useful player, we still have options at winger in the pipeline.

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

I wonder if Juve missing out on Reynolds to Roma has anything to do with it. 

Some nice clubs listed there, obviously. Salzburg and PSV are probably where his playing time would come easiest, perhaps Sporting also.

Like Davies a few years ago, I am somewhat conflicted about him developing as a wingback, but if that's what it takes for him to play at a high European level, I can get behind it.

With Corbeanu coming along nicely at Wolves, and Millar still in the mix to become a useful player, we still have options at winger in the pipeline.

I would imagine so. Not sure Sporting have room for him they have so many prospects. I think PSV or Salzburg could be great fits

i am aswell, whats funny is that MLS writers see him coming off the bench for New England.

let’s not forget Habibullah, Nelsen, Rutty, Assi and Pepple are some of our upcoming by wing options. 

As a TFC fan who was impressed with so many of the performances of the young Canadians last night, I laugh that they thought Griffin Dorsey was better than Buchanan and drafted him instead.  But glad it happened, as Vanney would have nailed him to the bench and we wouldn’t be hearing these rumours of big Euro clubs wanting him.

4 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

As a TFC fan who was impressed with so many of the performances of the young Canadians last night, I laugh that they thought Griffin Dorsey was better than Buchanan and drafted him instead.  But glad it happened, as Vanney would have nailed him to the bench and we wouldn’t be hearing these rumours of big Euro clubs wanting him.

there's that saying about hindsight...