Tajon Buchanan

nolando

18 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Huge 4 caps 

2012: Played in 2 games with the USMNT, starting against Venezuela on Jan 21 and Panama on Jan 25.
2011: Called into the January USMNT camp and scored against Chile on Jan 22.
2010: Made his debut against South Africa on Nov 11

Lol 😂 this is a Buchanan thread - we all know Teal will regret his decision for the rest of his life. Let the guy be.. his decision will be his own punishment. Could have been a legend for Canada as Bunbury’s kid but is now a 4 friendly cap dime dozen for the USA. It’s sad.

1 hour ago, Weng said:

Would that new FIFA rule affect Bunbury considering he was 20-21 when playing those games?

even if it let him switch, do we really need him? We definetly have enough depth upfront with Cav, Larin and possibly Akinola. And I'd rather give minutes to the younger guys on the right like Buchanan and Corbeanu

13 minutes ago, badname22 said:

even if it let him switch, do we really need him? We definetly have enough depth upfront with Cav, Larin and possibly Akinola. And I'd rather give minutes to the younger guys on the right like Buchanan and Corbeanu

I figure it never hurts to have too much depth.  I think he brings something different than the other strikers we have.  

1 hour ago, Weng said:

Would that new FIFA rule affect Bunbury considering he was 20-21 when playing those games?

Teal had played for the Canadian U20 team so he had to file his one time switch in order to represent the US at the Olympic qualifiers. Unless the new rules allows for multiple switches he won't be able to change it again.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Not that I would ever consider calling up Bunbury for multiple reasons.

He is currently sitting at 8 goals this season.  1 goal behind current US youth international Akinola and 3 ahead of our current top scoring MLS Canadian.

With Larin, David and Cav, I see no reason to be talking about Teal Bunbury is doing. 

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

With Larin, David and Cav, I see no reason to be talking about Teal Bunbury is doing. 

I agree.  I didnt bring him up, I just listed his stats.  If it was anyone else besides him, we wouldn't be saying "no need to talk about him"

I dislike him as much as anyone and would rather focus on our current group of core dedicated strikers and our younger up and coming attackers.  

• 2 weeks later...

Great game tonight at RB until he left with an injury.  He looked like a world  beater going up and down the wing. Great offensive skill and he did well when forced to defend.  He is a shoe-in for the Olympic team and he is also playing his way into consideration for the CMNT.  Hope the injury isn’t too serious (not as a result of a challenge or incident).