Liam Millar

Northvansteve

43 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Millar is one of the only players that should be added to the 23 man roster based on his play over the past month. ZBG is another.

Unfortunately, there is no players that they are competing with have played themselves off. So unless we expand the roster, they may both be disappointed once again.

I'd argue Liam Fraser probably shouldn't be on the squad. If we need another CM realistically Baldisimo should be an option. Otherwise he's the guy I could see Millar taking the spot from.

33 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd argue Liam Fraser probably shouldn't be on the squad. If we need another CM realistically Baldisimo should be an option. Otherwise he's the guy I could see Millar taking the spot from.

I can see the argument for Fraser being dropped given our CM depth but not for Baldisimo. 

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

I've been rooting for Baldi but he just hasn't been very good this season. Glimpses of brilliance every match but lots of middling play in between. Don't see it happening. 

I want Baldi to become the line-splitting, Pirlo-esque maestro we all want him to be, but I've not missed a Caps match this year, and I am not seeing the magic yet. There are moments here and there, and he's added some grit to his game, but I am not sure he's got the upside we'd hoped for. Guys like Priso and JMR, I suspect, will leave him in the dust. Not fully sure what is holding him back--he's still young--but I wonder if he's got the physical attributes to become a top notch baller. I'm not giving up on him though.

9 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

I want Baldi to become the line-splitting, Pirlo-esque maestro we all want him to be, but I've not missed a Caps match this year, and I am not seeing the magic yet. There are moments here and there, and he's added some grit to his game, but I am not sure he's got the upside we'd hoped for. Guys like Priso and JMR, I suspect, will leave him in the dust. Not fully sure what is holding him back--he's still young--but I wonder if he's got the physical attributes to become a top notch baller. I'm not giving up on him though.

I get a similar feeling as you -- I was very excited by him initially but the more I watched him the more I tempered my expectations. I still think he has a lot of potential, but I can see why a guy like Fraser is preferred to him (of course Fraser is older/more experienced, as well). As a caveat, I have not watched every Whitecaps game. I do still feel Baldisimo has NT potential, and he's an exciting type of player so I hope he continues to develop. He's still very young, especially for a position often reserved for veteran type guys.

I think it's much too early to say Priso and JMR will leave him in the dust (though as a TFC fan I hope you're right about that :P).

Well, given his form with 2 weeks till the next round of qualifiers, he's pretty much in the squad now. Also, Larin appears to be dealing with nagging injuries and is questionable for the next window, so although not a like for like replacement, there's def room for Liam.

Edited by LeoH037

25 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Well, given his form with 2 weeks till the next round of qualifiers, he's pretty much in the squad now. Also, Larin appears to be dealing with nagging injuries and is questionable for the next window, so although not a like for like replacement, there's def room for Liam.

Hopefully Larin gets healthy these are three tricky games coming up .

Basel wins 3-1, Millar not involved in the other goals. He was subbed off toward the end, missed exactly when. Good win.

Does anyone know what happened to Esposito? He was starting regularly before but now is nowhere to be seen. Transferred? I feel like Millar fits into better with Esposito gone.

WOO HOOO!!  This is great to see.  So cool with the finish.   He is really staking his claim on a roster spot in October.

And who says Fraser has a spot on the roster written in stone??  Werent we all surprised he got that spot in the first place?? There doesnt need to be a like for like replacement.  Who is on form when the time comes to decide those last few spots and where does Herdman think we need an extra body??