Liam Millar

Northvansteve

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

So wanted to ask the group for a bit of help!!

I’m in Zurich to watch the first league game (yes I travel a lot lol!!) but my parents and family back in Canada are trying to watch the game today vs Grasshopper does anyone know how to watch it Iin Canada!?! 
thx in advance 

Nothing from a bunch of sources, sorry.

In general news, Liam is on the bench today. 

It is supposed to be on bluesport which is a swiss/german channel. A good IPTV would likely get it, but I don't think your parents will be able to get it setup in time for this game. It's worth the investment for a full season though as it usually costs about $15 a month and shows Swiss Super league every week!

1 minute ago, spitfire said:

Played the last twenty. Did a lot of defending tracked back really well and made a few blocks. Good to cut his teeth and make his debut. Good first win too.

Yes, I saw him in his own box and wondered if it was him all the way back there.  Looked like his head was almost shaved so I didn't really recognize him until I saw the name on the back of the shirt.

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

Played the last twenty. Did a lot of defending tracked back really well and made a few blocks. Good to cut his teeth and make his debut. Good first win too. 
 Great stadium. The FC Basel fans made the journey and sung outside the whole game!! Awesome!! Bring in the Canada game now!!

I watched the last 20 minutes, I thought Liam played very well, solid defensively and a few good runs and passes. Solid start. Since Bluesport has removed its coverage of Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, I guess I will be watching a lot of Basel and Liam this year, I hope Liam he finds his way into the starting 11.

I have a VPN and watched the extra time of the Switzerland-France match on RTS.  It was much more passionate than on TSN, as you would have suspected.  Don’t know if any of the Swiss League matches would be on the public broadcaster.

15 hours ago, lowlander said:

I watched the last 20 minutes, I thought Liam played very well, solid defensively and a few good runs and passes. Solid start. Since Bluesport has removed its coverage of Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga, I guess I will be watching a lot of Basel and Liam this year, I hope Liam he finds his way into the starting 11.

Lowlander, now that you live in Switzerland, I think you need to change your handle to Highlander

• 2 weeks later...

On at half in their Conference League game. 

Update: Run that helped make the first goal and hockey assist on the second.  1-2 after trailing 1-0 at half.  That is the full time score. 

Helped change the game.  The opposition had no answer for the pace and interplay on the left. Picked up a cheap, late yellow which is a shame but generally impressive.  

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

47 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

On at half in their Conference League game. 

Update: Run that helped make the first goal and hockey assist on the second.  1-2 after trailing 1-0 at half. 

Beat me to it!! Lol grew into the game and did really well… still some growth there but like he said was involved in both goals. Showed the manager has a lot of confidence in Liam to bring him on at half time when down a goal!!! 

Onward  upward

4-0 now. Hopefully Liam gets in soon. This Cabral guy now has 7 goals and 5 assists in 6 matches to start the season

Edit: Cabral scores his fourth of the night to make it 5-0. He has 8 goals on the season now. Liam replaces him in the 63rd minute 

Edited by Aird25

3 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

4-0 now. Hopefully Liam gets in soon. This Cabral guy now has 7 goals and 5 assists in 6 matches to start the season

Edit: Cabral scores his fourth of the night to make it 5-0. He has 8 goals on the season now 

This is my first time watching the Swiss league, but after watching this week and last, it looks to be very unbalanced.

Liam on in the 64’

Final 5-1 for Basel. I thought Liam played well, really hustled and moved play at speed. Several attempts to play his team mates in, did not come off but were close (especially putting Lang clean through). Drew a few fouls and a yellow card, scored with a few minutes left but ever so slightly offside. He was really noticeable, in a good way.