Liam Millar

Northvansteve

I don't see why they both aren't there. With such a short turnaround between games and the US game looking like it might be winnable with their shortage of a strikeforce, as soon as a game looks like it may be in the bag, we're going to need to rotate our attackers so we can start our big boys in every game. Millar and Corbeanu should both be in the squad imo.

3 hours ago, frmr said:

I don't see why they both aren't there. With such a short turnaround between games and the US game looking like it might be winnable with their shortage of a strikeforce, as soon as a game looks like it may be in the bag, we're going to need to rotate our attackers so we can start our big boys in every game. Millar and Corbeanu should both be in the squad imo.

Corbeanu hasn't played yet and it looks like he'll have his work cut out for him under Moore at SW. It's probably better for him to stay and train and work his way into the team than fly over, play maybe a few minutes in two of the games then get glued to the bench on his return to Sheffield.

Liam played 78 mins in a 2-2 draw. Did really well in possession and was a real threat down the left. Played some really clever balls and crossed the ball that lead to the penalty for Basel’s 2nd goal. 
He is still finding his feet and as he plays more I think he will see more and more of the ball. His teammates just starting to figure him out. But another good performance to build on. Keep moving forward… Europa league playoffs 2nd leg Thursday 

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Liam played 78 mins in a 2-2 draw. Did really well in possession and was a real threat down the left. Played some really clever balls and crossed the ball that lead to the penalty for Basel’s 2nd goal. 
He is still finding his feet and as he plays more I think he will see more and more of the ball. His teammates just starting to figure him out. But another good performance to build on. Keep moving forward… Europa league playoffs 2nd leg Thursday 

He did play well. He was particularly visible at the start of the second half with a move in the 52’ to fake out a defender, take it to the end line and roll it past the keeper to the middle. Unfortunately no one arriving at the right space, but a great move. I agree with your comment that the team needs to figure him out but I do believe it will happen. I am convinced Basel was a good move for him, they play the right way.

So Obs disappointed at LM not being called up but in the end it’s one of the best Canadian squads In a long time and there is a very talented group of players going to WCQ… But!!!!

Liam is through to the group stage of of the Europa Conference league!! Liam came on in extra time when FCB were losing and made in instant impact and again helped changed the game!! Basel tied the game soon after he came on and ended up winning on Penalties!! What an amazing game and experience to be a part of!! Bring on the group stage!! Draw tomorrow!!!!

I’m just bursting!!! So happy for him and FC Basel!!!

14 minutes ago, spitfire said:

So Obs disappointed at LM not being called up but in the end it’s one of the best Canadian squads In a long time and there is a very talented group of players going to WCQ… But!!!!

Liam is through to the group stage of of the Europa Conference league!! Liam came on in extra time when FCB were losing and made in instant impact and again helped changed the game!! Basel tied the game soon after he came on and ended up winning on Penalties!! What an amazing game and experience to be a part of!! Bring on the group stage!! Draw tomorrow!!!!

I’m just bursting!!! So happy for him and FC Basel!!!

You don’t have to share anything personal obviously, but does Herdman reach out to guys like Liam who maybe were expecting a call and discuss why they weren’t called in ?

9 minutes ago, Floortom said:

You don’t have to share anything personal obviously, but does Herdman reach out to guys like Liam who maybe were expecting a call and discuss why they weren’t called in ?

I would bet he did, we are pretty loaded at Liam's position and I think we all see him as part of the future.  Besides if you keep an open mind you never know what will happen.  I bet Akindele never thought he would play a prominent role in the GC.

Edited by Joe MacCarthy

I’m sure he’s “next up” for a wing/forward position in the next window if/when there’s an injury to one of the guys called in September. 
I certainly think he deserves to be there in this window but all things considered, it’s probably better for him to stay training with his new club team. 

On 8/27/2021 at 8:04 AM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Europa Conference League 

Group H: Basel, Qarabag, Kairat Almaty, Omonoia

Some trips way east there.   I can't say I know the teams but hopefully some minutes and experiences for Millar.

Clubs from Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan and Cyprus....😐

At first I thought the Europa League took a hit in quality but then I realized this is some UEFA Conference League...a quick google search showed me its the newly introduced third tier of European club football competition. 

I would think FC Basel would at least make the Europa League, finishing second in their domestic league last year and all. Interesting. 

Edited by Macksam

Just now, spitfire said:

They still haven’t figured him out they need to get him the ball more… all good things from Nasle have come down the left side… big 2nd half 

I have noticed that, he was in acres of space a fair bit. They don't play very wide at all on the other side and don't seem to get the concept of wingers yet.