Liam Millar

Northvansteve

12 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Beat me to it!!!!

I'm watching live.... Movistar has it.... Are you there? 

Liam is fast and disciplined up the left. Goal was a teammate reaching the end line close and cutting back. Liam settled and fired in close. 

Omanoia tie on a penalty by my "neighbour" Jordi Gómez, ex Barça B and Wigan. Chipriots also have the American Mix. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm watching live.... Movistar has it.... Are you there? 

Liam is fast and disciplined up the left. Goal was a teammate reaching the end line close and cutting back. Liam settled and fired in close. 

Omanoia tie on a penalty by my "neighbour" Jordi Gómez, ex Barça B and Wigan. Chipriotas also have the American Mix. 

I am watching it speed home…..

Great game played 70 quality mins got a 8.3 SofaScore rating… worked his socks off and did well to stay in shape and was a real threat going forward too. Combining well…

Saw less of the ball 2nd half but has settled really well at Basel…. 3 goals and 4 assists now for FC Basel…

happy for him!! 

Edited by spitfire

9 hours ago, spitfire said:

Great game played 70 quality mins got a 8.3 SofaScore rating… worked his socks off and did well to stay in shape and was a real threat going forward too. Combining well…

Saw less of the ball 2nd half but has settled really well at Basel…. 3 goals and 4 assists now for FC Basel…

happy for him!! 

I was so into the game I did not even notice he was subbed off!

He had a stint in his final minutes there, up high on the left combining with mids and the left back-- he was threading perfect passes between the lines and starting give and goes, or attacks into the box, and the teammates squandered them with poor touches. Must have been 3 sequences in 3 minutes. He is actually one of the most precise passers and least wasteful players on the team, pure economy on the pitch. Also takes left side corners. 

14 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I love Millar but he has 1 league goal let's not get ahead of ourselves :D

I think the key point is that Switzerland has a quarter of its national team playing in the Swiss league. So it is a good enough level for many of their players, at Basel or Young Boys.

And at Basel he is going to get European competition as well, which has to be a positive experience. For now, I think he can develop a lot there, just last night he looked like a veteran.

Just checked Transfermarket, he and Palacios, who is 19, have the longest contracts, to 2025. So they are clearly set up for selling on if things work out.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:55 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think the key point is that Switzerland has a quarter of its national team playing in the Swiss league. So it is a good enough level for many of their players, at Basel or Young Boys.

And at Basel he is going to get European competition as well, which has to be a positive experience. For now, I think he can develop a lot there, just last night he looked like a veteran.

Just checked Transfermarket, he and Palacios, who is 19, have the longest contracts, to 2025. So they are clearly set up for selling on if things work out.

Also... Young Boys beat Man United in CL just over a month ago...

This is an incredible rivalry between Basel and FCZurich. Liam with a hockey assist and a goal. Basel goes up 4-2 in extra time, goal called back for some reason, then FCZ launch a Hail Mary on the 96’ which one of their players heads in for a 3-3 tie. Great game. And Millar clearly in the middle of it.