Liam Millar

Northvansteve

34 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I think everyone figures Fraser got that last roster spot, and he would be the guy to drop to make room for someone else.  

But no one needs to be dropped, there is no roster limit.  I wish everyone would stop acting like there is.  We know the CSA reads these boards and I'm afraid they are taking their cue from us!

Edited by kacbru
grammar

8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

That isn’t a question.   There is no way Tajon gets dropped right now.  

I agree. Tajon is on fire this season… be good to have options though and competition is what drives excellence…. Can’t hurt. (Sorry to clarify… worth taking both)

Anyways Liam has had a good week… but he keeps driving forward… Europa Conference league Thursday …

Edited by spitfire
Clarity

1 hour ago, Markoaleks said:

All respect to Liam M- big fan of him and his commitment 

but 

our top 3 

AD

JD

TB 

and it is not even close 

I agree, but those 3 aren’t playing 90 mins X 3 games. We will need some squad rotation and calling up guys who are playing well are crucial. We need quality sub minutes.

I mean is there much point in bringing him over when he's likely going to be behind quite a few players still. Might be better to give him more time with his club and hope he keeps performing so he can slot in for maybe the November or January window where the MLS players will be a bit out of game shape.

Edited by SkuseisLoose

5 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

I mean is there much point in bringing him over when he's likely going to be behind quite a few players still. Might be better to give him more time with his club and hope he keeps performing so he can slot in for maybe the November or January window where the MLS players will be a bit out of game shape.

Basel has a two week international break. Would also be more important to call him up if Larin is out. Herdman also preaches team cohesion. 

1 hour ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Given the volume of games in such a short period of time, if we want to not see a drop in quality in any of the games, then we need to bring all the quality we can, specially for wide players, as neither of our wingers will be able to play all 90 for every single game.

1 minute ago, LeoH037 said:

Given the volume of games in such a short period of time, if we want to not see a drop in quality in any of the games, then we need to bring all the quality we can, specially for wide players, as neither of our wingers will be able to play all 90 for every single game.

We don’t play with wingers though. We have wingbacks.. and Millar isn’t one. The role Millar can play is as a late sub to be a ball of energy in a forward role. 

20 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We don’t play with wingers though. We have wingbacks.. and Millar isn’t one. The role Millar can play is as a late sub to be a ball of energy in a forward role. 

But we don’t just play a static 3-5-2.  Herdman has adjusted tactics not only for specific opponents, but also for specific periods within games.  Pure wingers could still have a role to play.  Plus there may be times where we are chasing a game and need additional offensive spark.   

I wasn't suggesting Tajon gets dropped i was reacting to someone saying its Liam Millar or Fraser. Totally different positions and needs. 

I was saying in order for Liam Millar to get back in to the squad he likely needs to leap frog Tajon.

To me our attacking depth chart goes of all the players in the last window Tajon sits behind everyone, except maybe if you throw Osorio in that group maybe he's ahead of him. Maybe Tajon ahead of Cavallini but Cavallini is unique to all our other attacking players

Millar is really showing what he can do.  There were a few that expressed skepticism about this move but it is hard to argue that it hasn’t turned out well (so far).  He is playing for the leading team in a respectable first division, competing in the Europa competition (albeit in the 2nd tier) and is making significant contributions with a goal and multiple assists.  He is getting lots of playing time at a solid level and will be enhancing his reputation as a future transfer target.   

Congrats @spitfire - I am sure you are proud as hell.