WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area

Back to the Chicago area.

Broadcast still on OneSoccer.

Haiti squad:

Bryan Alceus, Carnejy Antoine, Jeppe Simonsen and Jems Geffrard are on yellows. 

Canada Squad:

Hoilett might still injured but can play if needed.
Vitória is on a yellow.
Davies is on a yellow.
Laryea is on a yellow.
Kaye is on a yellow.

It should be around 19°C and clear skies Chicago (vs 27°C in Orlando). 

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Back to the Chicago area.

Broadcast still on OneSoccer.

Haiti squad:

Bryan Alceus, Carnejy Antoine, Jeppe Simonsen and Jems Geffrard are on yellows. 

Canada Squad:

Hoilett might still injured but can play if needed.
Vitória is on a yellow.
Davies is on a yellow.
Laryea is on a yellow.
Kaye is on a yellow.

It should be around 19°C and clear skies Chicago (vs 27°C in Orlando). 

Do we know if the yellows clear after this round?  As others have pointed out, it gives the other teams in the Oct a pretty big advantage if they don’t. 

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

Do we know if the yellows clear after this round?  As others have pointed out, it gives the other teams in the Oct a pretty big advantage if they don’t. 

There is no indication from the FIFA documents that they do. As unfair as it is, I think they stick around.

Edit: but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that the players weren't playing at their best due to the blistering heat and terrible pitch quality. Right now, it's calling for 22 in Chicago and of course we already know the pitch was quite good. No excuse to not win this game. 

Edited by Atlantic

7 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

There is no indication from the FIFA documents that they do. As unfair as it is, I think they stick around.

Edit: but let's not get ahead of ourselves

Crazy if true...that’s 6 extra matches we will have played. Imagine losing Phonzie for a crucial match because he picks up a one card in the Octagonal.

9 hours ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

let's take that 1-0 road win and put the screws to them early.

we weren't firing on all cylinders today and still carried the bulk of the play, score really should have been 3-1 if both teams buried their sitters. tuesday's cooler weather, evening game, quality grass pitch, we should take it to them.

I hope you're right well for all our sakes but that narrow win didn't exactly inspire my confidence 

Regarding cards, I see the US had 5 yellows in the Nation's League final, and Mexico 3. A few of them drew cards in semis too, actually McKenzie had two over the two matches.

Okay, you could argue that it is not WCQ, a different competition. But in fact by qualifying for the NL semis, teams confirmed their spot in the 8, didn't they? So you could argue it is related.

Still, I say this as it would be unfair for our cards to carry over and those of the US or Mexico to not.

12 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Appears they've decided to fly out tonight, so will be arriving early in the morning in Chicago. 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWQ882/history/20210613/0200Z/MTPP/KORD

@gigi riva , so answer your question, yes they left Haiti last night.

23 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Still, I say this as it would be unfair for our cards to carry over and those of the US or Mexico to not.

We will have plenty of time to ask the CSA and FIFA about it, should we proceed to the next round.

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Regarding cards, I see the US had 5 yellows in the Nation's League final, and Mexico 3. A few of them drew cards in semis too, actually McKenzie had two over the two matches.

Okay, you could argue that it is not WCQ, a different competition. But in fact by qualifying for the NL semis, teams confirmed their spot in the 8, didn't they? So you could argue it is related.

Not directly, no. The top 5 teams in the FIFA rankings as of July 2020 were given spots in the final round of qualifying. So making it to the semi's only helped them get in the final round due to ranking points gained.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that even CONCACAF can't be stupid/corrupt enough to have the yellows carry over from the first/second round to the final round of qualifying.

2 hours ago, Addona said:

I’m struggling with who should start on Tuesday. There are a lot of minutes on some of those legs … maybe Piette and Henry draw back into the starting 11? Or maybe Cav? I’m really torn in all 3 cases. I could also see us giving Taj a start, just to get some fresher legs out there.

I’ll quote myself since I realized that Junior could also start, if healthy, or at least give them a solid 30 minute sub appearance.

11 minutes ago, Addona said:

I’ll quote myself since I realized that Junior could also start, if healthy, or at least give them a solid 30 minute sub appearance.

I would be surprised if he doesn't atleast get a run out. Maybe 30 minutes, but hard to see him start(from 0 minutes to starting 11?), otherwise I don't know why he's  stuck around if he is that badly injured.

25 minutes ago, Tyson M said:

I would be surprised if he doesn't atleast get a run out. Maybe 30 minutes, but hard to see him start(from 0 minutes to starting 11?), otherwise I don't know why he's  stuck around if he is that badly injured.

Hes out of contract. Maybe hes using the Canada medical staff? Not really familiar with how out of contract players receive medical treatment. 

Edited by king1010

7 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

So aside from the obvious result that we win this we are through.  Draw we are threw and any loss 2-1 and beyond and we are out?

Yeah, only other scenario is a 1-0 loss sending it to either ET or a shootout.