WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area

6 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

We didn't really .. I don't think ES had many chances but Larin hit the bar and had a half chance in injury time as well. This current MNT would have lit ES up.

The ES A-squad staged a mini strike against their federation so they fielded a B/C squad. Of course Floro goes ahead and sets up ultra defensively to secure the 0-0 draw. That was one in many spirit crushing CMNT moments.

1 hour ago, SirBobsaget said:

The ES A-squad staged a mini strike against their federation so they fielded a B/C squad. Of course Floro goes ahead and sets up ultra defensively to secure the 0-0 draw. That was one in many spirit crushing CMNT moments.

I feel like Junior also had a pretty decent half chance that he missed that game …

Just now, Addona said:

I feel like Junior also had a pretty decent half chance that he missed that game …

Yah that was in the first five minutes or so..could have chipped it over the keeper on a one on one but his effort was well wide

we also could have lost this match in the 90th minute when Borjan stopped a breakaway chance 

2 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

When I originally read the tweet I thought it meant they missed their flight but I think this account is just tweeting what we already know very late? Seems like they will be flying in tomorrow 

Exactly. This account is just tweeting news we already know but very late.

6 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

According to a new tweet from 30 mins ago, Placide will play. I guess he is travelling tomorrow?

C21E81E6-117C-430C-82F3-B6B456406B2B.jpeg

That is exactly what the FHF posted the other day. Old news.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

20 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

When I originally read the tweet I thought it meant they missed their flight but I think this account is just tweeting what we already know very late? Seems like they will be flying in tomorrow 

the tweet literally says they are missing the game tomorrow.

Feeling good. 

Looks like by kick-off it'll be in the low 20s tomorrow if a bit windy but that should settle down as the match gets on.  No injuries to note.  Yup.  Positive vibes.

Think Haiti will get one at some point, we're always good for at least one good cop-up here or there and they look willing to try to sprint in a counter but I'm less concerned about that than others.  I think the lads will feel like there is still some unfinished business from the other night and that shouldn't bode well for Haiti.  Still would very much prefer if Haiti didn't open the scoring!

Feel like we could do better turning the Haitians press into the Hatitans chase, much better.  We'll see.  If we can do that successfully and with even a bit of attacking purpose at the end of it, could turn into a very fun night for Canada.  Also expect more eagle eyed officiating this match which of course will benefit the good guys.

Fingers and toes crossed.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

If Placide can't make it, then Josue Duverger will likely start. As nice as it is to play the backup this would captie Duverger to Haiti. (He is Canada eligible)

Wikipedia says he was born in Canada and plays in Portugal. Does anybody know how long he actually lived here? He seems to have been part of the Haiti program from a fairly young age.

We are better than Haiti. Our bench players are better than Haiti. And yet, they can still hurt us. They can score. They can be physical and they can make things difficult for us. 

I want to see a complete performance tomorrow. I want us to take the game to them early and often.  Let's do our business, score our goals, and then manage the game to the final whistle like professionals. We have shown that we can play at a very high level. Now, we need to develop consistency. From game to game, and within the 90 minutes. No mistakes. No susprises.  No excuses. 

39 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

The only thing that makes me somewhat nervous about tonight is the fact Haitis important players who weren't fit first leg will likely start tonight.

This is exactly why I was worried before or why I was only going off on Canada for winning 1-0 in the 1st leg. Think about it with Haiti's important players. If they come back now in this 2nd leg tonight, it could turn the momentum back into Haiti's favor hence my anxiety and nervousness about tonight.

Tonight is game day.