WCQ: Canada vs Haiti - Tuesday, June 15th, 9pm Eastern / 6pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago area

10 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Oso really becoming a leader

I like that he said the country has given so much to him and his family and mentioned the fact many of them come from immigrants. Too often, players (and their family) have in the past looked to play for the country they came from and thereby turned their back on the country that gave them a home and a better life

2 minutes ago, An Observer said:

I like that he said the country has given so much to him and his family and mentioned the fact many of them come from immigrants. Too often, players (and their family) have in the past looked to play for the country they came from and thereby turned their back on the country that gave them a home and a better life

Can we just make Osorio our national team captain already?

I wonder if starting Tajon would let him either draw attention away from the double D’s, or exploit the spaces left by Haiti’s defence of they commit too many guys to mark them.   He really seemed eager to attack when he came on the other night.  

I suppose Corbeanu could do the same sort of thing - but Tajon really looked like he could cut through their lines at speed with the ball at his feet.

Damn we are blessed with attacking talent.   

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I wonder if starting Tajon would let him either draw attention away from the double D’s, or exploit the spaces left by Haiti’s defence of they commit too many guys to mark them.   He really seemed eager to attack when he came on the other night.  

I suppose Corbeanu could do the same sort of thing - but Tajon really looked like he could cut through their lines at speed with the ball at his feet.

Damn we are blessed with attacking talent.   

That's something I thought of too. He's fresh and that would allow Laryea to come off the bench in the super sub role he made his name playing. 

Whatever subs we bring on are going to be worth more than the entire Haitian squad. The part that makes me anxious is just choosing the right ones! Far cry from the days when the Canada squad picked itself and the only arguments were about who started at RW and RB. 

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

Tough luck for them but I don't think it will affect their overall level too much. They seem to have decent depth in the defence and attack. As for the keeper, he was a key player and their captain but we still need to create chances. Their backup keeper played a match in the Portuguese second division this season so he can't be too bad.

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

Tough luck for them but I don't think it will affect their overall level too much. They seem to have decent depth in the defence and attack. As for the keeper, he was a key player and their captain but we still need to create chances. Their backup keeper played a match in the Portuguese second division this season so he can't be too bad.

That keeper is from Montreal.

5 minutes ago, Kent said:

Mixed feelings about the starters missing. The numbers 1, 2, and 3 top priorities tonight are to just advance, but it would feel better if it would be against their best players. Sounds like the CSA is at least better than the FHF.

I'm completely fine with advancing against whoever they put forward 😁

10 minutes ago, jordan said:

This shouldn't be a surprise, the FHF has failed in multiple domains as of late. You have to feel for their players but I am NOT going to say "I wish we could do it against their best" This is Canada's "Concacaf" advantage for playing in the US. No excuse not to beat them by more than a goal this time.