Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

Think going out on loan again (why was he recalled?) and getting real minutes would be the best thing for next year. Short of that I think he can play a Mullins type role on this team but have more offensive upside potentially. Similar size and willing to run and chase down balls. 

Glad he bagged his first goal in MLS. 

On 10/30/2021 at 8:04 PM, narduch said:

I was out the whole weekend so didn't actually see the game but now having watched this call of the goal (the TFC website has the Atlanta feed for some reason), I'm assuming that Wileman & Caldwell are continuing to call away games off a monitor in Toronto, because that it an uncharacteristically woeful call of a goal by Wileman and Exhibit A in the evidence for why sending them to away games or getting the call from people actually at the stadium is always better. If he's in the stadium and see that the linesman's flag never goes up, there is no way that Wileman assumes from the get-go that this is an offside goal. Actually, I'm still not sure why he assumes this from the get-go but it wouldn't have happened if he was actually there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2021 at 12:56 PM, maccaliam said:

Sounds about right. Sitting on the bench all season without getting a chance to stretch your legs will do that to you. 😁

Tough break for him at the end of today's match.

Maybe if he had been given the opportunity to stretch his legs more this season it would have gone in ;)

it doesnt make any sense.  If you are a TFC fan, wouldnt you root for the kid that has been in the academy for years, and is from the area??  Seriously, what has Dwyer ever done for a TFC fan that we should show him any loyalty or any desire to see him play and succeed?  If he came in and played well that would be one thing, but he comes in, pushes our kids down the ladder and then he shits the bed.....all season long.  

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

it doesnt make any sense.  If you are a TFC fan, wouldnt you root for the kid that has been in the academy for years, and is from the area??  Seriously, what has Dwyer ever done for a TFC fan that we should show him any loyalty or any desire to see him play and succeed?  If he came in and played well that would be one thing, but he comes in, pushes our kids down the ladder and then he shits the bed.....all season long.  

There are large swathes of TFC fans who give absolutely 0 shits about developing Canadian players or even seeing Canadian talent develop.   There is a bias against Canadian talent in their fan base.

1 hour ago, RS said:

Is anyone actually defending Dwyer or is this another made up controversy?

Also, those so called large swaths of TFC fans who supposedly give 0 shits about seeing Canadian talent develop are the same people who show up to watch Canada play.   Other than a few extra out of towners,  I see pretty much the same people there for Canada that i see for TFC.   Unlike, for example, another Canadian team  whose season seat holders got first dibbs on Canada WCQ matches in  2012 only to scalp those tickets online to out of town Hondurans.  ahem cough.... Montreal.  But i guess that according to some, TFC is unique in not caring about Canada.

Edited by Free kick

8 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

There are large swathes of TFC fans who give absolutely 0 shits about developing Canadian players or even seeing Canadian talent develop.   There is a bias against Canadian talent in their fan base.

I saw this first hand when I attended almost every TFC match, Canadians weren't cool," let's slag the shit out of JDG because he hasn't scored many goals, you know we paid big money for him", "Oso Sucks', no one is going to tell me any different because I put up with this for too long! Maybe with Canada doing so well the attitudes will change, how can they not but this negative Canadian bias was real and is one of the reasons I am not a fan anymore!

42 minutes ago, gator said:

I saw this first hand when I attended almost every TFC match, Canadians weren't cool," let's slag the shit out of JDG because he hasn't scored many goals, you know we paid big money for him", "Oso Sucks', no one is going to tell me any different because I put up with this for too long! Maybe with Canada doing so well the attitudes will change, how can they not but this negative Canadian bias was real and is one of the reasons I am not a fan anymore!

This is it. 

I've been around active professionals, former pros, journeymen, local legends, arena soccer guys, NCAA folk heroes, former CMNT & youth NT, OUA coaches, League 1 coaches, you name it.....

And having conversations whether it's about the CPL, or Canada soccer. The impression I've always gotten was from a bitter standpoint of not getting to a level in which they wished to get too, that those guys had. Like I mean these guys all have admirable CV's and I'll hear "I can control the ball better than Dunfield" or "why the fuck do you watch the CPL, are you betting" or  (in the past) "Canada is shit, they need to do this..."....everyones got an opinion and the failures of the past was a direct result of the consistent apathy. 

Also with Canada being the land of immigrants, a lot of people have their ancestral nations that were more than likely  more attractive than Canada. 

Winning changes everything. 

I can't speak for the rest of the provinces, but we have a horrible sports culture in Ontario, ....nobody likes to support locally, unless the team is playing with fackin Americans to legitimize them.

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, narduch said:

People are rightfully ripping TFC management.

Why do you always feel like you need to defend them?

I'm on record saying Dwyer and Mullins are awful.

Why do you always feel the need to make shit up? My question was about some supposed portion of the TFC fan base defending Dwyer over Perruzza, which you've avoided with your usual charm.

You have to take some Toronto FC & MLS fans opinions with a grain of salt.  Clearly many do not have any clue what they are talking about.  I saw a post on twitter talking about who needs to go for next season and included Bono, Dunn, Shaffelburg, Akinola, Osorio & Fraser.

Bono, absolutely.  Dunn, I can see from someone who has zero interest in development of Canadian players but the 4 other players are absolutely shocking.

Peruzza did the best he could with a difficult bouncing ball.  The only crime here is that he was never given a solid opportunity.  Peruzza an academy grad played a combined 177 minutes across 7 games for TFC in all competitions.  Mullins and Dwyer combined for 1,504 minutes across 45 games this season.

Edited by Corazon

12 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I saw a post on twitter talking about who needs to go for next season and included Bono, Dunn, Shaffelburg, Akinola, Osorio & Fraser.

Bono, absolutely.  Dunn, I can see from someone who has zero interest in development of Canadian players but the 4 other players are absolutely shocking.

Shaffelburg can't play at this level. He should totally go play for Wanderers next season. 😁😁 /s

But seriously, you're spot on though. there's this vortex where we're happy to see Canadians go up to Europe, or down / home to the CPL, but we (not us, idiots) don't want them in MLS. 

I think that has a lot to do with the markets and expectations, with TFC being the most guilty party. Now that they suck and again and are rebuilding, it will be a tall task to ensure Canadian talent is part of the rebuild.