Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

• 2 weeks later...

I thought his play was decent for what it was, but to be honest I need to see a lot more to have any sort of opinion to know if he will be an effective striker.  Some promising touches and good composure on the ball but this was a small sample in a very specific set of circumstances.   We’ll see what happens when he comes on when they are down a goal or two and need to create chances.  

23 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

still rate Akinola higher

I think he’s fair rn but I think they’re very different. Ayo is pace and power, Peruzza seems like creativity and technical skill. 

we could have a very interesting crop of options off the bench in a year or so. 

14 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I think he's got a lot of potential.  I liked him a lot but his reaction on Richie Laryea's goal is very disappointing to see.  Yes, Laryea could have laid it off to Peruzza for his first MLS goal but Richie scored regardless and his reaction was disappointing.

Yup I didn’t notice have to look at it again . But if that’s the case he needs to remember it’s a team game . A player should never react like that especially if your teammate scored and your a rookie are you kidding me ? Bud if you read these boards or if a father or someone close to him reads these boards set this kid straight before he finds himself playing with his buddies on Sunday mornings at the Soccer Center! Actually just saw the highlight and that’s a crazy reaction from him if I’m Armas this kid doesn’t see the field for a few games I’m sorry. Maybe I’m over reacting but having coached for a number of years this kind of  crap was a no no for me especially the fact the Laryea scored !

Edited by SoccMan

10 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Don't think it was that big if a deal. Maybe was going to put his hands in the air to cheer, but then ran back to centre. I dobt think it needs looked into it and haven't seen enough to know what kind of attitude he has.

I agree that I don't think we really need to make a big deal out of it.  But you suggesting that maybe he was going to put his hands in the air to cheer is shocking.  Clearly he was frustrated because if Laryea had played him that ball, it would have been Peruzza's easiest goal of his career.  It was a wide open net with no defender on him 6 yards out.  It's the type of play that if Laryea doesn't score then you question why he didn't play Peruzza in.  However, he did score and I would rather my players celebrate a goal than throw a mini tantrum because someone else on the team scored.  I want Peruzza to succeed as much as anyone, I just thought it was a bit disappointing to see that reaction.

Edited by Corazon

It did look bad, but it was just a flash eh? It may have been reflex, every time a ball goes in the net half the players throw their arms in the air and look for the linesman.  But it didnt look like he suck holed all the way back to his own end.  And arent strikers supposed to be just a bit selfish and eager to score??  Dont make a habit of it, or you'll never get a pass, LOL.