Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

12 minutes ago, Califax said:

Shaffelburg can't play at this level. He should totally go play for Wanderers next season. 😁😁 /s

But seriously, you're spot on though. there's this vortex where we're happy to see Canadians go up to Europe, or down / home to the CPL, but we (not us, idiots) don't want them in MLS. 

I think that has a lot to do with the markets and expectations, with TFC being the most guilty party. Now that they suck and again and are rebuilding, it will be a tall task to ensure Canadian talent is part of the rebuild.

Tbh...I would dream of a TFC lineup dominated by mostly Canadians...but also be competitive in the league. 
I would rather not have a team full of Canadians, the team isn't good, and the guys aren't playing.....leave that for Vancouver. 🤣

58 minutes ago, Corazon said:

You have to take some Toronto FC & MLS fans opinions with a grain of salt.  Clearly many do not have any clue what they are talking about.  I saw a post on twitter talking about who needs to go for next season and included Bono, Dunn, Shaffelburg, Akinola, Osorio & Fraser.

Bono, absolutely.  Dunn, I can see from someone who has zero interest in development of Canadian players but the 4 other players are absolutely shocking.

Peruzza did the best he could with a difficult bouncing ball.  The only crime here is that he was never given a solid opportunity.  Peruzza an academy grad played a combined 177 minutes across 7 games for TFC in all competitions.  Mullins and Dwyer combined for 1,504 minutes across 45 games this season.

Yes.  indeed.  Most fans would probably not know who is Canadian and who is not.  And that would be no different than the fans of other Canadian teams.

33 minutes ago, Shway said:

Tbh...I would dream of a TFC lineup dominated by mostly Canadians...but also be competitive in the league. 
I would rather not have a team full of Canadians, the team isn't good, and the guys aren't playing.....leave that for Vancouver. 🤣

to expand.  As a season ticket holder and a Canada fan.    I want to see Canadians developing.  But within the framework of a organization that is winning and trying to win and not trying to be MLS version of basketball's G league.  Because as as season ticket holder i expect the organization to put a winning product on the field and not just be the Junior squad for then CMNT.     i dont see a contradiction here at all, ppl all over the word are able to separate club and country we they go to soccer games.   

Edited by Free kick

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, shamrock said:

I wish he wasn't. They'll get a new DP or overpay an US-journeyman as a new striker and he'll get a couple of minutes here and there. Playing week-in week-out is what he needs. 

They might even get a new DP & keep Altidore is what it's sounding like. In addition to Akinola apparently also resigning.
If all this is true, he'll probably be given an early chance, before the DPs come in the summer. 

I would be almost 1000% sure Altidore is gone. With the moves they are taking about, they need that DP spot. Leaving that aside, I think all parties involved have long since grown sick of one another. This should have been taken care of a year ago if Curtis wasn’t already working overtime to paper-over his mistakes.

1 hour ago, ag futbol said:

I would be almost 1000% sure Altidore is gone. With the moves they are taking about, they need that DP spot. Leaving that aside, I think all parties involved have long since grown sick of one another. This should have been taken care of a year ago if Curtis wasn’t already working overtime to paper-over his mistakes.

There's been reports that he'll be back, albeit not as a DP. I don't know how that will work...but yea. It's believable for me because of the Bradleys and the relationship/history with Jozy to not see a favourable situation. 

52 minutes ago, Shway said:

There's been reports that he'll be back, albeit not as a DP. I don't know how that will work...but yea. It's believable for me because of the Bradleys and the relationship/history with Jozy to not see a favourable situation. 

There’s just no way, he’s burnt all his bridges.

If anything this is the front office floating nonsense to try and get another team to cover some small portion of his contract. They have a losing hand right now and they know it.

But let me say this: doubt Perruzza starts the year at anything greater than 3rd on the depth chart (saying nothing of his ability).

Edited by ag futbol

On 12/30/2021 at 1:20 PM, Shway said:

I think if they buy out his contract then they are not allowed to re-sign him. That is part of the buyout rules so teams don't just buy out their DPs and re-sign for lower amounts every year to add more DPs.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Corazon said:

Official Announcement

Have to think he was told he would feature somewhat regularly by the club in the future because there is no way he would sign a new deal based on his lack of playing time last year behind Dwyer & Mullins.

Agreed, thought he had flashes but needs to play. Should get time behind Akinola and whomever they sign but would like to see how those 2 shoulder the load.

4 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Do we think Akinola starts up top?  The team doesn’t have a lot of natural strikers at the moment.

I don’t think he will. The way they are trying to recreate this team, it seems like they will be looking for an elite striker. Insigne can’t be the sole answer.

However with Mullins and Dwyer gone, that’s 1200 minutes available - now let’s hope they don’t pick up someone like Juan Agudelo. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Meh… not really impressed with what I’ve seen from him so far. 

Agreed.  He really struggled.  A lot of forward momentum was lost when the ball came to him.  Silly mistakes.  He really needed to take that chance and show something and I don't think he did.

Funny folks are hard on Perruzza, when Jayden Nelson was incredibly sloppy and a player who is far from developed into solid pro quality. 

Mind you, what coach Bradley is doing is exposing the weaknesses of all these players, because he does not have a more solid core of veterans he is building around. Still looks like a preseason experimental team.

21 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I know it’s cliche - but he should be in CPL. He’s not ready for MLS

I dont disagree, although he excelled in USL both times. They have also been shoehorning him out wide when he is more of a central striker. If he is sticking he needs time and hopefully in his optimal position.

He just didn't impact the game yesterday and the difference with akinola on was big, also playing a slightly different role from deep. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Funny folks are hard on Perruzza, when Jayden Nelson was incredibly sloppy and a player who is far from developed into solid pro quality. 

Mind you, what coach Bradley is doing is exposing the weaknesses of all these players, because he does not have a more solid core of veterans he is building around. Still looks like a preseason experimental team.

Yes.  With Nelson you see moments of flair and of true potential.  And then you see moments of the opposite with poor decision making and getting too easily dispossessed of the ball. I still don't know what to make of him to be perfectly honest.  

Edited by Free kick