Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

20 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

Isn’t the transfer window closed? 

Technically transfers within the same country can occur at any time, since the ITC doesn't need to be moved internationally. So as long it occurs before the roster freeze it can happen (for example Miki Cantave moved from Cavalry to Vancouver outside of the window and played before the window even opened) 

On 8/6/2023 at 5:22 PM, maccaliam said:

I think loans often have different deadlines but I could be mistaken. Perhaps it is more because of what Rydermike has said, and less about it being a loan though. 

I think you are mistaken about that. I remember back before TFC 2 existed, TFC had an affiliation agreement with a USL team (I forget which team, Wilmington maybe?). So they had a couple of players loaned to that USL team, and when there were some injuries on the first team, they weren't able to call an on loan player (Quillan Roberts I think?) because it wasn't during a transfer window, and the USL team was based in the USA, but teams in the USA could recall players from their American USL teams outside the transfer window.

8 hours ago, Kent said:

I think you are mistaken about that. I remember back before TFC 2 existed, TFC had an affiliation agreement with a USL team (I forget which team, Wilmington maybe?). So they had a couple of players loaned to that USL team, and when there were some injuries on the first team, they weren't able to call an on loan player (Quillan Roberts I think?) because it wasn't during a transfer window, and the USL team was based in the USA, but teams in the USA could recall players from their American USL teams outside the transfer window.

I believe recalling players from a loan and sending a player out in a loan are quite different situations/rules so can’t be compared (though I am not certain). 

I believe sending a player on loan to another country means they will only return at the end of the loan period (I think unless a loan is cancelled by mutual agreement). But that isn’t what was being discussed. The timeline for the initial loan was the topic we were unsure of, and I said I believe beginning a loan can have different window than transfers.