Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

I hadn’t noticed at the time but had PVR’d the game so had to check it out after reading the discussion.  

Honestly, I don’t think it warrants this level of reaction.  I thought he must have thrown a mini-tantrum or something.  Sure, it wasn’t an ideal reaction - but the fact is that he was wide open and the smart move probably was for Laryea to just slide it over for an easy tap in.  Sitting him for multiple games to send a message?  Not for me.  Have a talk with him.  Point out that he looked pretty dumb. Then move on. 

23 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I hadn’t noticed at the time but had PVR’d the game so had to check it out after reading the discussion.  

Honestly, I don’t think it warrants this level of reaction.  I thought he must have thrown a mini-tantrum or something.  Sure, it wasn’t an ideal reaction - but the fact is that he was wide open and the smart move probably was for Laryea to just slide it over for an easy tap in.  Sitting him for multiple games to send a message?  Not for me.  Have a talk with him.  Point out that he looked pretty dumb. Then move on. 

Considering you've been posting high quality stuff lately, I'm just going to take your word for it and not even watch what happened. I saw the game (minus 15 or so minutes of the start of the second half) but didn't notice anything when that goal happened and it honestly seems like a waste of time to check it.

Edited by Macksam

It's hard to evaluate his performance in such a small sample size, he was brought in against Leon as the team was desperately holding on with the tie in the balance and he did press and hold up play when he got a chance to do so! Yesterday the tired side was trying to claw thereselves back into a match where they had been mostly second best, he got in some good positions but didn't really have any clear cut chances maybe should have done better with the ball Bradley played over the top for him, I hope he continues to get chances because I think there is some quality in this young striker! 

• 4 weeks later...

With the addition of Dom Dwyer, it might useful for Toronto FC to loan Peruzza off to a CPL or another USL club for at least part of the season.  This move likely pushes Peruzza further down the pecking order now and I would hate to see his development stall.  He should be with a club in which he will be playing every game.  It will benefit Peruzza and it will benefit Toronto FC in the longterm as well.

12 minutes ago, narduch said:

They will probably just send him to TFC II.

First match is May 22.

You're right, but its too bad because he should be playing at a higher level.  Two years ago at 18, he lit up the USL League One.  At least with TFC II, he can likely get some minutes with the 1st team but he is too good in my opinion to be playing regularly in the USL League One.  Just look at what he was able to do in a short period last season in the USL Championship.

Edited by Corazon

3 minutes ago, Corazon said:

You're right, but its too bad because he should be playing at a higher level.  Two years ago at 18, he lit up the USL League One.  At least with TFC II, he can get likely get some minutes with the 1st team but he is too good in my opinion to be playing in the USL League One.

I agree. They should try to find him a USL Championship loan.

His injury happened at the worst time but has been exacerbated by Dwyers arrival. This season was a big chance for both Akinola and Peruzza to stake their claims as starters.

The upside is both Mullins and Dwyer are journeyman vets and squad players. With both Akinola and Altidore's fitness problems I am sure Jordan will see more minutes when fit. Had TFC gone out and signed a starting striker I would be more worried. Dwyer will play the Ricketts role and hopefully pass on some great experience.

Dom Dwyer might not make it to see BMO. Meaning he’s on an extended trial, while they are there. 

I don’t mind this move with Ayo and Jozys injuries problems, Mullins ain’t it, and Perruzza just isn’t ready yet to lead the line. 

I think more games at the USL Championship level could better prepare him. He did only play 5 games last season...

• 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s upsetting, he didn’t look bad no get a fair shake. Why chase a guy to bring him back from Europe, to sign a depth striker over him ? So much for play the kids.

They are playing the kids....Priso, shaffelburg, Okello, Akinola, Nelson and JMR....can’t play them all. And he plays a tough position if you don’t perform immediately.

22 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Don’t TFC II start playing on Saturday? Seems strange, though I assume San Antonio are in the higher tier USL?

He was second in the entire USL-1 2 years ago, he is past that level.  Scoring 3goals in just a few appearances in USL-C would suggest he is past that league as well, but a player needs to play and if they think Mullins deserves to get all the minutes its better he get the hell out now.  No sense getting strung along for another 2-3 years.

Jozy when fit is the starter but he's never fit, Ayo looked to have taken a step last year but hasn't shown it this season, Mullins is not a starter. So TFC went out and got Dwyer who's dependable and was a DP level player not so long ago. You can't expect TFC to put all their trust at striker in Perruzza and the only player he should be above in that depth chart is Mullins.

Plus a whole season of lighting up USL-C will do wonders for his resume if he gets impatient with TFC.

4 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Jozy when fit is the starter but he's never fit, Ayo looked to have taken a step last year but hasn't shown it this season, Mullins is not a starter. So TFC went out and got Dwyer who's dependable and was a DP level player not so long ago. You can't expect TFC to put all their trust at striker in Perruzza and the only player he should be above in that depth chart is Mullins.

Plus a whole season of lighting up USL-C will do wonders for his resume if he gets impatient with TFC.

Totally.  I'm fine with him going lights-out in USL-C.  Better to be playing day-in, day-out, especially with one of the better managed teams in the league in San Antonio.