Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

50 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

It’s not like he’s in his natural position, and like he’s played much.

thompson, Rutty, Shaffleburg and Peruzza and sometimes Kerr are all being converted/played elsewhere so yes they will struggle as they learn the position. Don’t think it means they aren’t ready. 

Spot on. I think a lot of people are either not realizing or forgetting how many of these kids aren't actually being played in their natural position but filling in spots where TFC has been hit hard with injuries. Perruzza with TFC II was always a number 9, he didn't play as an inverted winger which i don't think suits his strength at all.

5 hours ago, Free kick said:

Yes.  With Nelson you see moments of flair and of true potential.  And then you see moments of the opposite with poor decision making and getting too easily dispossessed of the ball. I still don't know what to make of him to be perfectly honest.  

These guys would be fine getting minutes in MLS, but surrounded by veterans ready to carry the load. That way you ask a bit less of them but that they execute everything better. You make higher demands on a narrower set of functions.

You can see he has upsides, but this way they could easily burn him out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely looked like it went off Bradley upon replays.  Regardless, the goal was created by Peruzza's header and Petrasso's corner kick.  Neither should be considered any less important.  It was a great corner by Pestrasso and a great header by Perruzza.  The only person that didn't do anything on that goal was Bradley 🤣

10 hours ago, Corazon said:

Definitely looked like it went off Bradley upon replays.  Regardless, the goal was created by Peruzza's header and Petrasso's corner kick.  Neither should be considered any less important.  It was a great corner by Pestrasso and a great header by Perruzza.  The only person that didn't do anything on that goal was Bradley 🤣

Much like the Halifax goal in that respect as Bradley watched the ball roll past him instead of sticking a leg out to block the shot

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 10:48 PM, Shway said:

Man is wasting away, he should be looking to the CPL. Unlike his former academy graduates, he hasn’t shown much in games he has appeared in.

Just look anywhere else. He showed he can light it up in USL as a 20 year old so he should be playing somewhere. Surely he could get a shot in MLS somewhere.

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Just look anywhere else. He showed he can light it up in USL as a 20 year old so he should be playing somewhere. Surely he could get a shot in MLS somewhere.

I guess we'll see next year. Getting a shot as a striker in MLS is not something 22yo get unless they are a phenom. Teams rather use that on TAM, DP, or Senior journeyman players while backlogging the position with their own academy homegrown players. 

If he lands somewhere else it's because they see potential for him to start like Shaffelburg, Petrasso, JRR, or Baldisimo.
Ultimately playing in the CPL may be beneficial for his soccer progression vs playing in the USL Championship. 

A York United Telfer-like loan might be beneficial especially with the reality that an 18yo player (who is an actual forward) is playing over him. 

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

I guess we'll see next year. Getting a shot as a striker in MLS is not something 22yo get unless they are a phenom. Teams rather use that on TAM, DP, or Senior journeyman players while backlogging the position with their own academy homegrown players. 

If he lands somewhere else it's because they see potential for him to start like Shaffelburg, Petrasso, JRR, or Baldisimo.
Ultimately playing in the CPL may be beneficial for his soccer progression vs playing in the USL Championship. 

A York United Telfer-like loan might be beneficial especially with the reality that an 18yo player (who is an actual forward) is playing over him. 

Yeah he’s clearly out of rope in Toronto. He’s 5th at best on the striker depth chart right now. 

I feel like Vancouver or Montreal could use him as they’re short on Canadian strikers. 

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yeah he’s clearly out of rope in Toronto. He’s 5th at best on the striker depth chart right now. 

I feel like Vancouver or Montreal could use him as they’re short on Canadian strikers. 

Who say's they need Canadian strikers....us fans? I'm sorry but imo he hasn't show that he deserves that chance.
The caps have those prospects on their NextPro team in the likes of Amanda, Wright, Johnson, Habibullah. 

This time next year he's either in CPL, USL, or Serie C. 

32 minutes ago, Shway said:

Who say's they need Canadian strikers....us fans? I'm sorry but imo he hasn't show that he deserves that chance.
The caps have those prospects on their NextPro team in the likes of Amanda, Wright, Johnson, Habibullah. 

This time next year he's either in CPL, USL, or Serie C. 

He already proved himself in USL. You can have an unremarkable experience with a club and turn it around elsewhere. We have plenty of examples of that. A great example is Brandon Vazquez. 

I’d selfishly like to see him in CPL but I think he’ll have options elsewhere especially with his Italian passport. 

31 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He already proved himself in USL. You can have an unremarkable experience with a club and turn it around elsewhere. We have plenty of examples of that. A great example is Brandon Vazquez. 

I’d selfishly like to see him in CPL but I think he’ll have options elsewhere especially with his Italian passport. 

He hasn't shown anything for TFC. There hasn't been anything you can pinpoint he does well and say he can build on that at this level. 

• 3 months later...

Playing in MLS Pro tonight. First half thoughts.

Not sure if anyone else is watching, but he has had several open looks to bury one and manages to mess it up. 

Physically he is dominating at this level but he is left footed only, to a fault. Frustrating to watch. 

Edited by canuckgbp

40 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Playing in MLS Pro tonight. First half thoughts.

Not sure if anyone else is watching, but he has had several open looks to bury one and manages to mess it up. 

Physically he is dominating at this level but he is left footed only, to a fault. Frustrating to watch. 

I'm not surprised. I've been saying and seeing this. It's the reason why I called him the translator.

His level might be USL championship or CPL...next year will tell.