Jordan Perruzza

shamrock

7 hours ago, Bison44 said:

If you caught his second goal with TFC2, he banged in a Endoh rebound and was so excited he didnt know what to do, grab the ball, celebrate, run to the center spot.  Very excited and for good reason, I'd do a little dance if i was 17 and banging them in for fun.  1:95 on the highlights

https://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/957366

It's obviously not at 1:95. It's actually at 1:55. And yeah, his reaction is pretty funny :). Good for him though.

I’ve known about this kid for a few years now surprised not many  on here have never heard about him . He was with Empoli’s academy I think since the age of 14 so was with their academy for about 3 seasons. Empoli are now in Serie A but I think were in Serie B  most of the 3 seasons here was there. He was let go from the Empoli academy last June of this year , came back to Toronto and was eventually signed by TFC 2.  I’m sure if Jordan was with say an academy of a pro team in England, Scotland, Sweden etc . everyone on these boards would have been talking about him from 3 years ago lol!

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

I’ve known about this kid for a few years now surprised not many  on here have never heard about him . He was with Empoli’s academy I think since the age of 14 so was with their academy for about 3 seasons. Empoli are now in Serie A but I think were in Serie B  most of the 3 seasons here was there. He was let go from the Empoli academy last June of this year , came back to Toronto and was eventually signed by TFC 2.  I’m sure if Jordan was with say an academy of a pro team in England, Scotland, Sweden etc . everyone on these boards would have been talking about him from 3 years ago lol!

To be fair, I remember Roberto Stillo received a lot of attention here when he was with Genoa academy a few years ago. Not sure why Perruzza didn't received the same attention. Maybe it's because he went there at a younger age?

43 minutes ago, aloyol said:

To be fair, I remember Roberto Stillo received a lot of attention here when he was with Genoa academy a few years ago. Not sure why Perruzza didn't received the same attention. Maybe it's because he went there at a younger age?

Maybe it is because the people who knew about him never mentioned him on here... @1996

For some reason I get the feeling he will be selected into the U20’s Next month and sign with the TFC First Team (HGP) in the New Year, just a prediction

The four years spent in Italy at Empoli (2014-2018) really helped his development a lot, coming back home as a 17 year old you can see he plays a different style of Football 

Will be an Interesting player to watch in the future! I know it’s a micro sample, but what he did in 4 games with TFC II in USL Play (2 Goals in Three substitutions, One start - 150 minutes) is impressive nonetheless 

Shut out to Canucks Abroad for tracking him years back and crazy to think about that just a few weeks back very few people new about this kid! Great new discovery 

Edited by Thomas

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

The 18-year old Has 8 Goals in 15 games with TFC II in the USL League One; he is deserving of a U23 Call up in October

Cant understand why Just Shaffeilburg was called up to the first tram and not Perruza. Oh well, he’s proving himself down there and seems promising! 

They are both attackers but they are very different players from what I've seen. Shaffelburg is a direct winger and Vanney has focused on getting more width this season. Perruzza is a smart striker and finisher. With Boyd and Hamilton gone, some people were wondering if Perruzza was gonna get a senior deal. But the truth is that Altidore plays if he's fit, Mullins is the back up, and Akinola is still ahead of Perruzza. TFC did play two strikers at times early in the year, but now they firmly only play one.

I've seen a little bit of him for TFC II this season. He's not overwhelming, but he looks clever and has just enough of the requisite amount of athleticism to get behind the back line. I am not sold on him making the jump to the next level but I would give him every opportunity to. He is a really interesting player.

5 hours ago, El Diego said:

I've seen a little bit of him for TFC II this season. He's not overwhelming, but he looks clever and has just enough of the requisite amount of athleticism to get behind the back line. I am not sold on him making the jump to the next level but I would give him every opportunity to. He is a really interesting player.

This is an accurate assessment of what I would say. 

It's good to show your track record of scoring at any level, but league one is a massive dip in quality versus the championship. 

I personally would like to see him sign with TFC for added depth. I think some of the comments are pretty accurate.

I would say though, I do rate him higher than Akinola. Akinola has never impressed me, even before signing with TFC.

Perruzza really is a MUCH better finisher than Akinola. I know it's a lower tier league, but even with Akinola's recent matches with TFC2, Akinola continued to show the same problems he always had (Very poor finishing, poor holdup play, disappears for long stretches of the game, doesn't get himself involved) These are traits he showed with TFC as well imo.

Perruzza is more willing to drag back and hold up the ball than Akinola. He wants the ball more. Most importantly, his finishing is actually pretty decent. It's MUCH better than Akinola's.

19 hours ago, Colliedor said:

I personally would like to see him sign with TFC for added depth. I think some of the comments are pretty accurate.

I would say though, I do rate him higher than Akinola. Akinola has never impressed me, even before signing with TFC.

Perruzza really is a MUCH better finisher than Akinola. I know it's a lower tier league, but even with Akinola's recent matches with TFC2, Akinola continued to show the same problems he always had (Very poor finishing, poor holdup play, disappears for long stretches of the game, doesn't get himself involved) These are traits he showed with TFC as well imo.

Perruzza is more willing to drag back and hold up the ball than Akinola. He wants the ball more. Most importantly, his finishing is actually pretty decent. It's MUCH better than Akinola's.

Akinola certainly "flashes" more. If you look at the goal he scored earlier this year, that play has everything you want in a striker. But I definitely agree that he doesn't do that often enough. I don't know if it will come together as he matures or if he's gonna be an all tools, no tool box type of player.

Perruzza certainly seems more like a "soccer player", if you know what I mean. He gets what he has to do. In fact, this was most noticeable in the u20 qualifiers. Even though he didn't play as much, you could tell when he went on that he saw the game a bit differently than many of his teammates.

• 1 month later...