Jonathan David

Vince193

1 hour ago, frmr said:

Rumours of Liverpool going in for David coming out prior to this game. This should add a little more fuel to that fire. I would kill for David to end up at Liverpool.

https://readliverpoolfc.com/2021/03/03/james-pearce-hints-at-liverpool-making-move-for-jonathan-david/

He would score 30 with the service they have there.

4 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

I’d like him to stay at Lille for another season. Would like to see what he can do once he is settled into the squad

Staying at Lille wouldn’t be a bad outcome given the way his year is progressing.  But a move to a team that plays a more fluid brand of footy would probably be the best outcome.  And I say that as someone who doesn’t advocate for frequent moves (e.g. Larin) just for the sake of signing for a bigger club.  

24 minutes ago, ADP10 said:

I’d like him to stay at Lille for another season. Would like to see what he can do once he is settled into the squad

Honestly I think David is starting to produce despite the team around him, which is not a hot take around here. I know Lille are in first right now and David has to be held responsible for the criticisms levied against him, but I really just don't think Lille are getting the best out of him. I like Lille and I'm enjoying watching them (for the most part), but I really do agree with those saying that he would flourish more in a more fluid, passing, attacking team. Credit to David for turning his season around with very little help from his teammates. If a bigger club comes in I think he has to want to make the move. I just wonder how much Lille would want for him at the end of this season. They're surely going to want to make a profit but at least now that he has put up respectable numbers, other teams will hopefully justify paying an increased premium. Interesting to know what Lille's plans are considering they are in substantial debt. They have to jumping for joy that he's redeemed himself.

23 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Staying at Lille wouldn’t be a bad outcome given the way his year is progressing.  But a move to a team that plays a more fluid brand of footy would probably be the best outcome.  And I say that as someone who doesn’t advocate for frequent moves (e.g. Larin) just for the sake of signing for a bigger club.  

If a team like Liverpool wants you you go you don’t think twice, a playing career is short . A chance to play for a top team like Liverpool you go no questions asked .

I liked his first goal today, almost looked like on the second he didn’t get the proper touch and the pass was a tad slow but it went back to him and he scored.

I believe he’s become better and more complete as a result of playing for Lille, but if they do have money problems a sale should happen.

David needs to be in a place where they play his brand of football, Loserpool, Manchester Money, or some club like that would be great. He and Bruno at United would be my dream. 

5 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I liked his first goal today, almost looked like on the second he didn’t get the proper touch and the pass was a tad slow but it went back to him and he scored.

I believe he’s become better and more complete as a result of playing for Lille, but if they do have money problems a sale should happen.

David needs to be in a place where they play his brand of football, Loserpool, Manchester Money, or some club like that would be great. He and Bruno at United would be my dream. 

You know if he moves to the prem, wherever he goes there is going to be a lot of Canadians cheering for a team they hate.

55 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I believe he’s become better and more complete as a result of playing for Lille,

Disagree.  Strongly.  

Unless this is a very different team going into next season I will be disappointed in the man is he stays put.  And his agent should be saying so in no uncertain terms. 

1 minute ago, Cheeta said:

Disagree.  Strongly.  

Unless this is a very different team going into next season I will be disappointed in the man is he stays put.  And his agent should be saying so in no uncertain terms. 

I agree with @Dominic94 that he has had to change his game due to feeding off scraps from many selfish players which over all could be good for him when service dries up wherever he plays, I do agree with you though, one year of this is enough!

Just now, gator said:

I agree with @Dominic94 that he has had to change his game due to feeding off scraps from many selfish players which over all could be good for him when service dries up wherever he plays, I do agree with you though, one year of this is enough!

Yea 1 is enough.

@ OP he went through major adversity, and he’s bounced back and he’s showing this poacher clutch side to him that quite frankly we haven’t seen. 

hes learning to holdup, pounce, he’s working on his playmaking and he’s continuing his good habits. Development is far from linear. 

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

In my heart, a Jonathan David brace the only acceptable way for Marseille to concede two goals like that so late in match.

:D 

Country first, club second, mon ami! 😄 

PS - If JD signs for a club in the Premier League, and it's not Liverpool, it sure as fuck better not be Man Utd! I couldn't survive that.

Went on to that Lille supporters forum to take a gander at what they are saying. While there are the usual couple of guys who are always defending him, the complaints of the equivalent number of guys who keep bashing him are unusual. Apparently they think he is afraid to shoot, which is not something that I have heard before or can understand as I don't see any evidence of this. Some are not giving him much credit for the goal poaching, although at least one chap has pointed out that he has too many teammates who like to dribble instead of pass. But then it seems like most Lille fans on the forum are preoccupied as to whether they can hold off Marseille for 3rd place rather than winning the league, as though they have already conceded first and second to PSG and Lyon respectively, which seems strange to me so maybe they are just a strange bunch. I mean, I don't know how they are in first place instead of PSG but it doesn't mean that whatever strange alchemy has got them there this deep into the season won't continue to stay in place to give them a chance to win the league.

4 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Went on to that Lille supporters forum to take a gander at what they are saying. While there are the usual couple of guys who are always defending him, the complaints of the equivalent number of guys who keep bashing him are unusual. Apparently they think he is afraid to shoot, which is not something that I have heard before or can understand as I don't see any evidence of this. Some are not giving him much credit for the goal poaching, although at least one chap has pointed out that he has too many teammates who like to dribble instead of pass. But then it seems like most Lille fans on the forum are preoccupied as to whether they can hold off Marseille for 3rd place rather than winning the league, as though they have already conceded first and second to PSG and Lyon respectively, which seems strange to me so maybe they are just a strange bunch. I mean, I don't know how they are in first place instead of PSG but it doesn't mean that whatever strange alchemy has got them there this deep into the season won't continue to stay in place to give them a chance to win the league.

If you are used to Bamba and Ikone’s style of shooting whenever you get within 30 yards of goal, it is easy to understand why they might think that.  David tends to only take higher quality shots rather than the spray and pray method preferred by some.  

He had a slow start but anyone who isn’t seeing his contributions at this point is just holding a grudge.  

7 hours ago, Alex said:

I WATCHED THE WHOLE THING AND HAD TO TURN IT OFF AT 84 minutes!!!!!!

That's exactly the sort of thing which, in some establishments I know of which will remain un-named here, will get you pelted with popcorn, beer coasters and crumpled up napkins covered in chicken finger sause as you try to make your way toward the exit to the jeers of "BEAT...THE TRAFFIC."

And you would deserve it. 

Edited by Cheeta

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Not strange at all. They're French after all so naturally it's in their nature to surrender quick and concede defeat.

Honestly, I think we can all agree that ultimately David has had a good season. Getting 10+ goals is nothing to scoff at. He could have well been approaching 20 if he had a proper pre season and fitness prior to the season starting. In a better team, where players actually play as a team, he easily nets 20+ goals. Seriously, I hope he stays put for one more season with Lille, then after that the sky truly is the limit for him.

Edited by LeoH037

1 hour ago, One American said:

I'm right here. 

Let the record reflect that I'm not the person who started this conversation. 

WC.PNG

I was worry there for a sec...you went missing when David started to prove you wrong.

That's what I love about US fans like you...deflection, shaming and the need to be right.

You were wrong, take the L.

Edited by Ansem

6 hours ago, SoccMan said:

If a team like Liverpool wants you you go you don’t think twice, a playing career is short . A chance to play for a top team like Liverpool you go no questions asked .

Exactly, playing career is short, and as such, it's better to spend most of it actually playing. At only 21 years old David doesn't need to rush, he'll end up in a top 3 league soon, he's cut out for it, but right now he needs to be playing as much as possible. In a PL powerhouse he would not get the opportunities he did with Lille (where they were EXTREMELY patient with him) failing to produce in 3-4 games would cost him.