Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

He needs to just hold out a few more weeks, win Ligue 1 hopefully, score a few more goals from scraps and just declare this short tenure in French football a victory.

Ya totally agree hopefully he can land with a team that likes to actually play a bit of offensive football.

No two ways about it, that was a painful game of soccer to watch. I think I want the last two hours of my life back.

Worst game from the Lille midfield this season, their natural urge to dribble past six guys instead of passing the f'ing ball played right into Monaco's hands, I lost count of the number of time one of them would get swamped by about 6 Monaco players and then end up losing the ball. They created nothing for the strikers all game, something which continued when it was just Yilmaz up there.

8 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

No two ways about it, that was a painful game of soccer to watch. I think I want the last two hours of my life back.

Worst game from the Lille midfield this season, their natural urge to dribble past six guys instead of passing the f'ing ball played right into Monaco's hands, I lost count of the number of time one of them would get swamped by about 6 Monaco players and then end up losing the ball. They created nothing for the strikers all game, something which continued when it was just Yilmaz up there.

Araujo was at his absolute worst today.  His idea of possession football is to dribble into a pack of defenders until he loses the ball.  Rinaldo is a good defensive LB but he gives you absolutely nothing offensively.  He can run the channels but any time a defender is within 3m, he'll just cycle it back to one of the CB's.  

2 hours ago, Snowcrash said:

Araujo was at his absolute worst today.  His idea of possession football is to dribble into a pack of defenders until he loses the ball.  Rinaldo is a good defensive LB but he gives you absolutely nothing offensively.  He can run the channels but any time a defender is within 3m, he'll just cycle it back to one of the CB's.  

Araujo also committed a foul so incredibly cynical that I would not have blamed the ref if she had given him a red instead of a yellow 

I’m a big Napoli fan would have no problem sending Osimhen back to Lille lol , Osimhen to be honest has been injured a lot this season so has not be able to get going . But I watch Napoli a lot and the kind of attacking soccer they play I think David would fit quite nicely on this team . 

I only watched the second half of Lille, dog of a game for their part, really disgusting football minute by minute. 

And then PSG comes along and loses to Nantes, so the lead goes up a point.

Back to Lille: I said I would stop watching them as it is so poor, but I guess today I had nothing else on better. Araujo, as mentioned, just terrible, I counted 6 dumb giveaways, all going forwards and with clear easy options he squandered. But in general Lille has no idea how to play possession. Even at the back, they try but are hapless, easy movement around the CBs to the outside back they can't execute, even if the pressure is weak. They are slow, awkward, and obviously don't practice keeping the ball, don't work on off the ball movement, are a bunch of huge individualists with two solid CBs and a very good keeper.

David is not well served at this club, but he's young, so no need to jump ship for now.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

13 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Lille might actually pull this off. PSG and Lyon play next week so they will take points off each other. Then PSG will have the first leg a couple says after their match against Lille in a coulle weeks. So hopefully, PSG looks past them to their first leg.

Next week is the Cup tie, the 17th, single match, Lille at Paris. Their league match is after the international break.

If Lille go through in the Coupe they'll have a relative good chance to go deeper, less than half the teams left are top flight. If Paris go through the same, but it also means more fixtures for them in the critical part of the season.

With situations like this there is no easy interpretation, but often you win in the Cup and lose in the league, or vice versa-- the rematch when it's two equal teams is not typically the same result. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

44 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Really underlines the missed opportunity today at Monaco.  

That is one way of looking at it, but Lille keeping Monaco at bay by drawing them in Monaco while PSG lose at home to a club in a relegation battle and dropping a further point back, it actually is a far greater missed opportunity for PSG.

Also it's not like Monaco were playing scintillating football either. This is supposed to be the 5th best league in the world, but it is making me appreciate the brand of soccer displayed in MLS a little bit more.

11 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

That is one way of looking at it, but Lille keeping Monaco at bay by drawing them in Monaco while PSG lose at home to a club in a relegation battle and dropping a further point back, it actually is a far greater missed opportunity for PSG.

Also it's not like Monaco were playing scintillating football either. This is supposed to be the 5th best league in the world, but it is making me appreciate the brand of soccer displayed in MLS a little bit more.

Agreed, good point. 

Depends what you expect from your football. There is no question that what you see from the top four leagues is more attractive to watch, and that could include a Union Berlin or an Elche, teams that are modest. Not always (I saw something with Newcastle a few weeks back that was an abomination), but in general. 

I wonder if we watched Monaco vs. Lyon it would be more attractive, maybe it is just Lille? 

MLS. Similar bad decision-making from the pack, but usually the better half-dozen teams, with better results, are not playing unwatchable football. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It's a 22 man squad so of course they're naming everyone you would expect as they have for the previous two cup ties. We won't know about their intentions until the XI is named.

Well for the Dijon Cup game they called in about 6 Academy players.