Jonathan David

Vince193

6 hours ago, Ansem said:

I was worry there for a sec...you went missing when David started to prove you wrong.

That's what I love about US fans like you...deflection, shaming and the need to be right.

You were wrong, take the L.

Unless there was a specific comparison of David to Pulisic that he made, not sure it is a case of him deflecting anything since you are inviting unrelated comparisons between Canada and the US. It’s a bit like comparing Weston McKennie with Alphonso Davies or Tyler Adams with Manrejkar James or Serginio Dest with....well I have run out of our own options. Like others have said before, I also don’t recall a prediction of David’s failure either.

37 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Unless there was a specific comparison of David to Pulisic that he made, not sure it is a case of him deflecting anything since you are inviting unrelated comparisons between Canada and the US. It’s a bit like comparing Weston McKennie with Alphonso Davies or Tyler Adams with Manrejkar James or Serginio Dest with....well I have run out of our own options. Like others have said before, I also don’t recall a prediction of David’s failure either.

See below

21 hours ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

eat a crow 

I assume these guys have watched alot more French league than I have, but hard to see their point. 4 more goals probably doesn't turn a title race to well in control. David has had a more successful career at this point. If you keep in mind Osimhen is 13 months older than David.

Age 19 season. Osimhen had 0 goals in 10 games for Wolfsburg; David had 12 goals in 33 games for Gent.

In Osimhen's age 20 season he had 12 Belgian league goals in 25 games (0.48/game)and his team finished 9th. In David's he had 18 goals in 27 games (0.67/game) and his team finished 2nd.

In their age 21 season for Lille Osimhen had 13 goals in 27 games (0.48/game)and Lille finished 4th. While David currently has 9 in 28 (0.32/games) and Lille are 1st.

For a further comparison, Ismail Sarr is apparently the 3rd person that was on Liverpool's shortlist with David and Jota. In Sarr's age 21 season he had 8 goals in 35 goals for Rennes who finished 10th.

2 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Yeah, I remember that post but don't see a lot wrong with it - I would disagree that it was ever a "disaster"  (but can see why others might), but the amount of praise for David in that post certainly doesn't seem like the incentive to start a dick-swinging contest to me.

They are our rivals and they have mastered the the art of doing that themselves in regards to us...so I don't feel bad

I'll even remind them that T & T C team stopped their WC streak - because #wetpitch #Eurosnobs

Edited by Ansem

4 hours ago, Ansem said:

They are our rivals and they have mastered the the art of doing that themselves in regards to us...so I don't feel bad

I'll even remind them that T & T C team stopped their WC streak - because #wetpitch #Eurosnobs

Until we actually qualifying for a World Cup what can we actually say , sure we can make fun of the fact that they couldn’t beat a T&T B or C side and qualify to the last World Cup but before that had been to everyone since 1990 and were even able to get out of their World Cup group a few times . While we have not even made the Hex since the Lenarduzzi coached team many moons ago. So much waisted time of not participating in World Cups or even the Hex a first world country like Canada where soccer is played by more kids that play hockey they say. This present team needs to qualify no excuses none at all it’s fucken time !

I can see LOSC up there in terms of territory dominance but nowhere near where they are ranked for chance creation dominance.  Mid-table teams and lower tend to park the bus against LOSC which results in significant possession but the kind of possession that results from unimaginative and unproductive recycling of the ball which makes their offence entirely predictable.

How does it go?  There are three types of lies.  Lies.  Damned Lies!  And statistics. 

Fun graph I guess.  Taking in broad strokes.  Measuring volumes.  Does show a general strategy, or the results of the general strategy of the those teams within their leagues.   

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

How does it go?  There are three types of lies.  Lies.  Damned Lies!  And statistics. 

I completely agree that Lille don’t pass the eye test and think that Bamba and Ikone are a waste for Lille, but after seeing this, i’d sure be interested to hear from a Lille analytic expert who could go deeper into this.

Sports like soccer and hockey are incredibly random, but npxG isn’t a stat that some 5th grader or ex-soccer player turned coach just invented.  Advanced stats, like this one, are based on models, created and continually improved upon by highly intelligent statisticians, and the best thing we have to predict goals.

Lille don't give up many good chances against them, and when they do, their goalkeeper is pretty good at making the save.  They are tied with PSG for the fewest Goals Against in the league.  Sure, they waste a lot of time with the ball and squander a lot on attack, but they only have to pot a small fraction of those to win the game.  It's frustrating that they don't score more, but I don't think it's so mysterious why they are top of the table.

2 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I completely agree that Lille don’t pass the eye test and think that Bamba and Ikone are a waste for Lille, but after seeing this, i’d sure be interested to hear from a Lille analytic expert who could go deeper into this.

Sports like soccer and hockey are incredibly random, but npxG isn’t a stat that some 5th grader or ex-soccer player turned coach just invented.  Advanced stats, like this one, are based on models, created and continually improved upon by highly intelligent statisticians, and the best thing we have to predict goals.

Totally agree.  Not beating up on npxG for this, that or anything. 

Data from fixtures in different leagues has been superimposing onto a single graph.  For what reason?   Unless there is evidence of comparible equality between the 5 leagues and the teams within those leagues blending the data presented is beyond misleading.  

Someone just having a bit of fun I guess, blending the leagues together like that.  But any graph that shows Lille, who couldn't get out of the Round of 32 in Europa League, in the same neighbourhood of Real Madrid and Chelsea gets a "pfffffff" and a smirk from this cat.    

4 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

I don't think the stats have been accurately presented here.    Two sites I looked at both had Lille 6th for xgoals, and well behind PSG, Lyon and Monaco.   And looking at actual number of goals scored suggests the same.

https://footballxg.com/xg-league-tables/