Jonathan David

Vince193

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Well for the Dijon Cup game they called in about 6 Academy players. 

If these idiots would have allowed bigger rosters I would have taken both, but with these minuscule roster sizes you will get situations like this where a player like Choiniere is left off.....oops sorry wrong thread!

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Reports I am reading today have the Turks striking as starters. Yilmaz makes sense to me to, at least.

After Araujo's weak match I'd put Yilmaz up front, David as a complement, and play Yacizi as long as he lasts in the middle in Araujo's place, as at least he's more of a baller.

I was expecting the Turks to start up front just given the natural need for squad rotation with 3 games in a week. Araujo usually plays out wide though and I don't think I've ever seen them play Yazici there. One of Lille's problems in terms of squad balance is they have a surplus of wingers and not many out and out strikers (even David playing as a number 9 isn't really his top strength or style as he doesn't win many headers).

Speaking of one of their wingers who sometimes plays up front with David, according to this link Tim Weah has been called to the US national team friendlies but will depart back to Lille after their March 25th match against Jamaica. Despite the inaccuracy of listing him as a member of Werder Bremen, I am assuming this same thing is going to apply for Jonathan David for our matches (as I'm not sure how they can justify letting Weah play friendlies but denying us David for an actual WCQ match).

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/03/17/united-states-mens-national-team-name-26-player-roster-friendlies-vs-jamaica

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

You would watch even if he isn't playing?

I use first row sports in its various iterations, usually find a decent option.

I have it on in the background while I work from home. This way I'm ready if he enters.

I've been using Redditsport.live but all their links were garbage today.

I actually found this one on Twitter 

Edited by narduch

5 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I was expecting the Turks to start up front just given the natural need for squad rotation with 3 games in a week. Araujo usually plays out wide though and I don't think I've ever seen them play Yazici there. One of Lille's problems in terms of squad balance is they have a surplus of wingers and not many out and out strikers (even David playing as a number 9 isn't really his top strength or style as he doesn't win many headers).

Speaking of one of their wingers who sometimes plays up front with David, according to this link Tim Weah has been called to the US national team friendlies but will depart back to Lille after their March 25th match against Jamaica. Despite the inaccuracy of listing him as a member of Werder Bremen, I am assuming this same thing is going to apply for Jonathan David for our matches (as I'm not sure how they can justify letting Weah play friendlies but denying us David for an actual WCQ match).

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2021/03/17/united-states-mens-national-team-name-26-player-roster-friendlies-vs-jamaica

Because Weah is staying in Europe, David wouldn't be

22 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Because Weah is staying in Europe, David wouldn't be

I guess I should have added "convincingly" in front of the word "justify". A year ago we kept hearing that the Coronavirus doesn't know any political borders or boundaries, but apparently that isn't true - according to Ligue 1, it is more virulent depending on which countries decided to join the EU or to pull a Brexit.

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

I guess I should have added "convincingly" in front of the word "justify". A year ago we kept hearing that the Coronavirus doesn't know any political borders or boundaries, but apparently that isn't true - according to Ligue 1, it is more virulent depending on which countries decided to join the EU or to pull a Brexit.

This is where FIFA needs to step in. Absolutely 100% illegal to arbitrarily release players on this basis. There is no case to be made that playing in the EU is any safer. These clubs are trying to take advantage of a pandemic and limit travel of their players. As if a friendly in Austria is okay but a WCQ in Florida isn’t. And no doubt there will be players playing in European internationals who are based in North America. What a farce.

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This is where FIFA needs to step in. Absolutely 100% illegal to arbitrarily release players on this basis. There is no case to be made that playing in the EU is any safer. These clubs are trying to take advantage of a pandemic and limit travel of their players. As if a friendly in Austria is okay but a WCQ in Florida isn’t. And no doubt there will be players playing in European internationals who are based in North America. What a farce.

Lol... pretty sure FIFA is the one giving them the green light to do so... and arguably if a player must travel father for a game then the higher the risk that player catches something so yeah

I don't know if anyone else watched the David part of the match. 

Lille did press the 2nd half and as it advanced, took it to PSG, who tired. Pochettino did good changes to keep them in it, but still. David had a hard left footer from the top of the box stopped by Navas, Bamba had a close one, then there was a penalty--which Yacizi missed, or Keylor stopped. In the end Keylor was probably their MOTM. If that had gone in, the way Lille was pressing, there would have been a real opportunity to tie it late and go into extra time. 

I don't think PSG was as dominant as it looked, and it was encouraging to see a Lille pushing and attacking effectively and with certain coordination. I don't think they are going to feel their chances vs PSG in the league in a few weeks are any worse because of last night.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist