Jonathan David

Vince193

I think what's  interesting is that David has been brought down in the penalty area at least 3 times. Whether if he were allowed to finish the runs and scored or if he had taken the penalties, he could have at least 3-4 more goals. That puts him in the top 10 - which completely changes the conversation about him for those who only measure his abilities based on his production.

The truth is, he makes the team better because most of the team can't service the ball forward - mostly a bunch of players wanting to score. Fortunately/unfortunately, David is one of the only players that can hod up, pass, dribble and score - so he is relied upon to wear other hats because everyone else it pretty one dimensional.

I have a feeling that if David were with PSG, he would probably be producing as much as Mbappe.

2 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Wow...WTF was that Weah... You know you've F'up when you're being scold by the Iceman 🤣

The only thing was if he thought he was offside - in which case he could have been annoyed that it wasn't played earlier.  But JD had options so was right to see how it developed.  Weah just should have stayed onside and then played the ball.

kinda quiet so far had a sequence where it seemed he coulda reached it with his head and then a few seconds later had a chance to redirect a shot that zoomed right in front of him. Probably asking a lot in either case but that's about all he had as far as scoring chances. 

15 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

I think what's  interesting is that David has been brought down in the penalty area at least 3 times. Whether if he were allowed to finish the runs and scored or if he had taken the penalties, he could have at least 3-4 more goals. That puts him in the top 10 - which completely changes the conversation about him for those who only measure his abilities based on his production.

The truth is, he makes the team better because most of the team can't service the ball forward - mostly a bunch of players wanting to score. Fortunately/unfortunately, David is one of the only players that can hod up, pass, dribble and score - so he is relied upon to wear other hats because everyone else it pretty one dimensional.

I have a feeling that if David were with PSG, he would probably be producing as much as Mbappe.

I think some of this is true, but David's hold up and dribbling I would not describe as good. Ikone, Bamba, and Araujo are all much better dribblers than him, for example. And to say that he would be putting up Mbappe numbers at PSG is a bit much.

6 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I know we all get frustrated with the selfishness of some Lille players, but David actually turns up a lot of decent shooting opportunities

To me it really depends on the game.  Sometimes they seem to look for passes.  Other times, you need 2 hands to count the number of times Ikone and Bamba pointlessly blast it into a block of defenders.

Edited by dyslexic nam