Jonathan David

Vince193

I watched Bayern go 2 goals down and chase the game yesterday, they eventually came back and won 4-2 vs Dortmund, the contrast between them and Lille is shocking, every player looking to make a pass to a team mate in a good position, very few if any low % shots from bad angles with team mates open, like night and day yet they both top their respective tables!

They're not reviewing that to be considered his goal? I know the main thing is that Lille OSC won but when it comes to sponsorships, bonuses, etc., the club and him should lobby to have that listed as his goal. Bull shit like this adds up and effects one's bottom line.

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I really don’t think this is true

I recall three "own goals" I think. This one is definitely a goal considering the trajectory of the ball. I remember another one a few weeks back but that kind of looked like it was going wide prior to the deflection. The third one would have been late last year I think. 

6 hours ago, An Observer said:

i am not sure I would call what happened today a goal for David.  the defender was there and should have kept it out but instead, knocked into his own net.

It was definitely a goal for David. Doesn’t matter if a player “should have stopped it”. The way I understand it is if the ball would go in if the defender didn’t touch it, then it’s David’s goal. You wouldn’t say it’s not David’s goal if a keeper made an error on a shot, so why would it not be a goal if a defender makes an error clearing a shot?