• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, it is fun to spell this out. There was a very big game today. Mbappe, Neymar, di Maria, and David all entered the field. Only one of those players left with a goal, and got the 3 points for the

Here's the translated article:   Jonathan David (Lille): “I wasn't ready” Jonathan David, the Canadian center forward from Lille, scorer of three goals in his last four matches, talks abou

some positive news here. Galtier saying David is healing much faster than anticipated and he’s walking around well. He definitely won’t play the next two matches but it sounds like he should return be

Posted Images

I think that's about 7 of 9 goals now which are poacher goals rather than ones that come out of teamwork and creative play. Even the 2nd there, I agree with the Douglas Wilmer-sounding British commentator that it probably wasn't even pass by Ikone but an attempted shot hit awry, much like David's 2nd.

I think when this move was announced I was expecting more of the type of goals he scored for Gent where he finished off plays or Canada where he is often sprung for breakaways, so the "poaching" aspect is in some ways a nice dimension to add to his game. And with Lille, it's less likely that he scored through combination play, he's more likely to set up a scoring chance through combination play than be the recipient of it.