Jonathan David

Vince193

42 minutes ago, archer21 said:

It was definitely a goal for David. Doesn’t matter if a player “should have stopped it”. The way I understand it is if the ball would go in if the defender didn’t touch it, then it’s David’s goal. You wouldn’t say it’s not David’s goal if a keeper made an error on a shot, so why would it not be a goal if a defender makes an error clearing a shot?

Good point on the keeper deflecting a shot into his own goal. 

That angle at the 55 second mark of the video makes it tough to say for sure if it was going in or not. It's possible his shot was going to hit the post.

Good for David anyways. It's maybe more important that he actually recieved a pass than the fact it was called an own goal.

On 3/7/2021 at 12:02 AM, lenny said:

Is it surprising?  How many teams have scored more goals than them?

Barça has exemplified possession and goals for 15 years, but when it doesn't work, meaning not scoring or especially getting big bombed by rivals, it's ugly. 

We've had a lot of injuries this year and until 2 days ago, no board of directors. 

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

@Olympique_de_Marseilleexplained scheduling a few months back with great precision.

Them continuing in the Coupe will be a factor too. 

With the collapse of the TV rights deal in France, I think for some reason TV5 may have gone back to the broadcast schedule of previous seasons.

Next week's game will be on TV5. Lille vs Nîmes.

30 minutes ago, gator said:

I just realized my One Soccer has expired so no Lille game today, I guess I will renew for the Canada matches, aren't CPL season ticket holders supposed to get a discount, does anyone know? 

The subscription you received with your 2020 seasons was differed to the 2021 calender, or should have been.   That's why I had to buy the Collective to watch the Island Games.

3 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Just a very frustrating team to watch if not for David there is no way in hell you would catch me watching this team . Hopefully he gets a move to a team where he can express himself much better, it’s a miracle he has been able to score 9 goals this season playing with this team .

He needs to just hold out a few more weeks, win Ligue 1 hopefully, score a few more goals from scraps and just declare this short tenure in French football a victory.