Milan Borjan

Vince193

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

To my displeasure, TFC has been the least "Canadian" team in recent years, but that may change this season...

Insigne----Akinola--Marshall-Rutty

-----------Pozuelo----------

------Priso-------Osorio--------

AURO--Mavinga--Singh---Laryea

------------Borjan---------------

That's a realistic 11 with seven eight Canadians :)

One can dream but it sounds like TFC is in the mix for new striker (Belotti) and a couple new CB's (Criscito & Carlos Salcedo).

We'll see if they are able to get one, some or all of these signings but it is quite clear they plan on bringing in new additions.  Glad to see Dunn left given they are looking to add one or two more CB's after already bringing in Shane O'Neil from Seattle.

1 minute ago, Grandbloke said:

At CF Montréal, Borjan would be a very good mentor for Pantemis and Sirois.

I think Pantemis is ready to be the full time starter. Throw him in the deep end and let him develop. He's 24, now is the time. The national team can use a second Crepeau. 

Borjan would be a great mentor, but he'd block his development. 

From an Impact perspective though, Borjan would be a great pick up ahead of Champions League. Plus with Miller, Jonston and Borjan, you'd have half of the CMNT defensive unit, not to mention CMNT pool players in ZBG, Bassong, Waterman, and Choiniere. Even Yao could get minutes this season, which would be nice. 

1 minute ago, Corazon said:

One can dream but it sounds like TFC is in the mix for new striker (Belotti) and a couple new CB's (Criscito & Carlos Salcedo).

We'll see if they are able to get one, some or all of these signings but it is quite clear they plan on bringing in new additions.  Glad to see Dunn left given they are looking to add one or two more CB's after already bringing in Shane O'Neil from Seattle.

I know, I know...

Voyageurs Cup line up, maybe? :)

I forgot about O'Neil, but never heard of the Salcedo rumor. Would be a great pick up, so long as we don't let him take pens lol

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think Pantemis is ready to be the full time starter. Throw him in the deep end and let him develop. He's 24, now is the time. The national team can use a second Crepeau. 

Borjan would be a great mentor, but he'd block his development.

You’re right, Obinna. I didn’t realize that Pantemis was 24.

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I agree. Breza won the spot because of his play not because Pantemis was not good enough.

57 minutes ago, Corazon said:

This and I'm very sure Coach Bradley will be playing little Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Feel good piece on the hometown boy:

‘Feels just amazing’: Canada’s goalkeeper ‘coming home’ to Hamilton | TheSpec.com

“People didn’t have that trust in us and now people have started believing,” he says. “The crowd is our 12th man, giving us more power to come out and give our best fight ... and that will change soccer in this country. It’s not just for us. If Canada gets into the World Cup it’ll give Hamilton kids, all Canadian kids, something to fight for and dream about.

“My dream was to play in the World Cup and hopefully this will be the year.”