Milan Borjan

Vince193

37 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Can anybody provide a translation of his statement?

The one on his most recent post? It's not about Red Star. 

He wrote that he went to take a look at the hotel and playing grounds where the kids in his goalie academy will be training. 

26 minutes ago, ronjames said:

Hopefully he transfers to a Canadian based team, I can't see it being the Caps, he would be a huge upgrade for TFC as well as being a  massive fan favourite!

7 minutes ago, gator said:

Hopefully he transfers to a Canadian based team, I can't see it being the Caps, he would be a huge upgrade for TFC as well as being a  massive fan favourite!

Would rather him go to an American teams. The more Canadians on American MLS teams the less time they're competing with their own countrymen for minutes.

If at his age he can find a 2 year deal at half a million US dollars, with an option, that'd be pretty good. I can appreciate they might want a break from the intense and rather toxic climate in Belgrade. I am sure it is stimulating on the pure football level, but perhaps stressful for everything else. 

I suspect, however, that he may have had an offer already,  which along with their winter break (which is odd, frankly), emboldened him to stand up to his coach as team captain.

5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

In my one conversation with Milan a few years ago, he was expressing a desire to return to Canada with his wife and kids.  Lot less stress and better quality of life in the Hamilton/Burlington area.  Seemed really genuine about his love for this country.

Given his wife's background I'd imagine there would be some job opportunities for her as well under the MLSE umbrella of sports franchises.

31 minutes ago, king1010 said:

So Milan’s coming home to Forge FC while his wife works marketing for the ticats?  

How much does she know about football?  There is a job opening, the Ti-Cats co-GM just got hired away.  :)  I was joking, but an all encompassing football knowledge is not always required for a GM job. 

Jo-Anne Polak was the first female General Manager in North American professional sport in 1988 (Ottawa Rough Riders)

7 minutes ago, Pasta484fanguy said:

MLS is a step down from Serbia or any league in Europe. If he's done with Europe, CPL should sign him instead as it would give the league a big boost to have a CANMNT star.

The CPL could literally not afford him  And MLS is not a step down from Serbia.   And great that you lumped every league in Europe together.  Your posts are a waste of time on this board, and that's really saying something.

Just now, Pasta484fanguy said:

Red Star regularly competes in UCL or UEL, which MLS never does. Which MLS team do you think can win and cleen sheet vs Liverpool?

According to the system the English FA uses to allot points to the quality of a league, MLS (Band 4) ranks above Serbia (Band 5)  Also how could the CPL sign him, Borjan taking a half million dollar pay cut?

UEFA country coefficient has Serbia as the 12th ranked league in Europe for whatever that is worth as a comparison.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is the 3rd or 4th account of the troll who just fixates on the US. I just block him until the account is deactivated.  

Please NAM, I know I spam hatred for Delgado on every TFC related page, but please, I'll do better.....I'll complain about Bono this season, I promise.  

5 hours ago, king1010 said:

So Milan’s coming home to Forge FC while his wife works marketing for the ticats?  

As far fetched as that sounds it could be the Beckham type signing that garnered lots of attention for MLS but on a much smaller scale obviously, I understand the CPL has a salary cap but if an owner has the resources I would say let them spend within reason! CPL wouldn't do his CMNT position much good in the long run but sometimes it is more about a comfortable lifestyle as players wind down their careers! Forge have 2 marquee matches coming up one of which is in Azteca, that could help in signing quality players but my gut feeling is Borjan to Forge is a fantasy, TFC would be a more realistic destination if he wants to come home!