Milan Borjan

Vince193

We are in agreement on this. I don't know why nobody points this out when they discuss team selection by the coaching staff (if they do, they clearly not doing anything about it). During the qualifiers he was making these saves, but that was 2 long years ago.

Expectations are not for the goalie to have 10 spectacular saves a game. In big pressure games, i want my goalie to get that one big save that will keep us in game or keep our lead. And objectively analyzing this, unfortunately Milan is not there anymore.

13 hours ago, grigorio said:

I've tried to describe this in a few ways but it always sounds kind of weird, but will try again. 

His position on goals conceded looks like how someone would act if trying to look like a goalie saving a shot, not like a goalie actually trying to save the shot (I know this probably makes no sense). 

It's like he throws his body generally in a direction, but has no conviction, intent, or ability to actually get a piece of it on the ball. 

The number of balls that just go basically right through him or mere inches away from him are wild. 

The first goal was so odd, shot right past 3 feet off the ground and he does an arms up kick motion. He made no saves this series, his distribution is garbage. Why are we not moving on? 

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Borjan is still at least one of our top 2 keepers.

Crepeau being the other. I haven't watched enough of LAFC to see if he has fully recovered 

He’s looked very solid. Made 5 saves and got a clean sheet against VWC in game 3, saved a pen in game 1, couple other clean sheets earlier in the year too. Ideally our starter is above the MLS level but given our current pool, I’m comfortable going with Crepeau. 

12 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

He’s looked very solid. Made 5 saves and got a clean sheet against VWC in game 3, saved a pen in game 1, couple other clean sheets earlier in the year too. Ideally our starter is above the MLS level but given our current pool, I’m comfortable going with Crepeau. 

Yeah, I don’t think LAFC brings him back in for the playoff run unless they are 100% confident in his abilities.  

3 hours ago, jhoops__ said:

Borjan has cult status with some people but he’s pretty mid in all honesty…

Most national teams have a mid keeper that is close to other keepers. In these instances it’s usually the character that wins the job. Borjan is a legend because he is one of us. If he wasn’t in goal he would be a voyageur and he bleeds for this team. 

I’m not opposed to replacing him just as a little shakeup at this stage however. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter training is over and Milan was back to his usual role in the Starting XI for Slovan Bratislava in a league match against MŠK Žilina.

He had to be subbed out after colliding with a player. :(

https://sport24.pluska.sk/futbal/slovensko/neprijemne-zabery-brankar-borjan-tvrdej-zrazke-bezvladny-okamzite-striedanie

"Borjan sa vo výskoku zrazil s jedným zo žilinských hráčov a po tvrdom strete zostal bezvládne ležať na ihrisku. K Borjanovi okamžite došprintovali záchranári, ktorí opatrne naložili Kanaďana na nosítka. Borjan sa po minútach strachu zotavil a postavil naspäť na nohy, no aj napriek tomu ho tréner Weiss radšej vystriedal z ihriska a na jeho miesto nastúpil Martin Trnovský"

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille