Milan Borjan

Vince193

6 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm very confident that Crepeau will have been passed by then as well.  We have some solid young keepers developing.

It’s certainly possible, but it’s not like Crepeau is old in terms of goalkeepers. He’s only 27, with St Clair being 24. It’s not that big of a difference. I do think St Clair has a lot of potential though so we’ll see. Hasal being 22 and starting in MLS is impressive as well.

40 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm very confident that Crepeau will have been passed by then as well.  We have some solid young keepers developing.

We do, but I don't share your level of confidence, though I see it as entirely possible. I think one of those young keepers are going to have to go from solid to outstanding to surpass Crepeau if he's the no. 1 keeper next cycle, or Crepeau would have to suffer from fitness or poor form. Why? Look how solid Crepeau has been this cycle, yet he is still behind Borjan. The sweat equity you put into the program matters. So in my opinion we won't see a young keeper surpass Crepeau unless they are absolutely sensastional and they probably have to do it at a higher level than MLS or whatever level Crepeau ends up playing at.

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

We do, but I don't share your level of confidence, though I see it as entirely possible. I think one of those young keepers are going to have to go from solid to outstanding to surpass Crepeau if he's the no. 1 keeper next cycle, or Crepeau would have to suffer from fitness or poor form. Why? Look how solid Crepeau has been this cycle, yet he is still behind Borjan. The sweat equity you put into the program matters. So in my opinion we won't see a young keeper surpass Crepeau unless they are absolutely sensastional and they probably have to do it at a higher level than MLS or whatever level Crepeau ends up playing at.

Nah, it's all about getting a Canada Soccer logo tattooed on your calf. 

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Solid for sure, but I wouldn’t write off Max.  For both the Nats and the Caps, he has made game-saving saves that would get by lots of other keepers.  He is a top class keeper and I am confident that if we lose Borjan to some injury, Max can step in and 100% do the job for us.  4 years is a long time but I don’t see any reason to think that he won’t be able to be the #1 guy is Milan declines or retires by that time.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2022 at 1:39 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Just like last season he has the opportunity of going for the double ( League + Cup ).

His final match in the Serbian League is on Saturday. I believe that Red Star only need a draw because they are ahead of Partizan on head-to-head tiebreaks.

Partizan will be playing Stefan Mitrović's Radnički Niš. Radnički Niš will try to give them a proper fight as they want to finish 4th and not 5th so they can claim a European Conference League qualification spot.

---

The Serbian Cup final is next week, on Thursday, May 26th.

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

Can someone explain to me why they had him take it?

Guessing a draw would not suffice and deep into ET Borjan came up to take the PK so they'd have an extra attacker for the possible rebound? Lol.

Edit. Also, they were up 2-1 so basically disregard everything I said.

Edited by PegCityCam

26 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Guessing a draw would not suffice and deep into ET Borjan came up to take the PK so they'd have an extra attacker for the possible rebound? Lol.

Edit. Also, they were up 2-1 so basically disregard everything I said.

He misses and they score on a counter with him sprinting back seems like a possibility.  Very odd