Milan Borjan

Vince193

On 1/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, Approve My Account Pls said:

You could argue Milan Borjan is now responsible for 5-7 pts in the Octagonal. Both results vs Honduras and maintaining the win vs Mexico he had some absolutely heroic saves

It's easy to forget that without Milan we wouldn't have had these amazing results. We're focused on Davies, David, Larin, Adekugbe, etc. But as great as that stuff is it's nullified if Borjan doesn't make the saves he made.

On Sunday afternoon with his 18th shutout win yesterday, Milan broke the tie he had with Pat Onstad for the all-time Canadian record. He also set a new all-time international "A" appearance record with 60 caps for Canada while he also holds the record for Canadian clean sheets (28). Still not sure what the difference is between shutouts and clean sheets? Got to love those grey track pants though !

GOOD DEFENSE OF MILAN BORJAN! Canada knocked down America, Zvezda  goalkeeper SHINED! The World Cup is approaching! (VIDEO)

Edited by Cblake

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

On Sunday afternoon with his 18th shutout win yesterday, Milan broke the tie he had with Pat Onstad for the all-time Canadian record. He also set a new all-time international "A" appearance record with 60 caps for Canada while he also holds the record for Canadian clean sheets (28). Still not sure what the difference is between shutouts and clean sheets? Got to love those grey track pants though !

GOOD DEFENSE OF MILAN BORJAN! Canada knocked down America, Zvezda  goalkeeper SHINED! The World Cup is approaching! (VIDEO)

The differentiation is shutout wins vs. shutouts. So apparently he has played in 10 scoreless draws for us? I find that hard to believe.

21 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The differentiation is shutout wins vs. shutouts. So apparently he has played in 10 scoreless draws for us? I find that hard to believe.

June 13, 2012 - Honduras
July 14, 2013 - Panama
November 19, 2014 - Panama
November 18, 2015 - El Salvador
July 15, 2017 - Honduras

That's all I can find on transfermarkt. In addition to those games he was on the bench for this game.

June 4, 2012 - USA

And as "Not in the squad" for these games.

October 12, 2011 - Puerto Rico
November 12, 2011 - St. Kitts
January 29, 2013 - USA
September 9, 2013 - Mauritania
July 9, 2015 - El Salvador
July 15, 2015 - Costa Rica
October 11, 2021 - Jamaica

Transfermarkt also says he has played 58 games, not 60. So 2 missing games there. So these 2 sources don't agree with each other. I don't even know which one I should trust more, but you would hope Canada Soccer.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/milan-borjan/nationalmannschaft/spieler/67797/verein_id/3510/hauptwettbewerb//wettbewerb_id//start/2010-09-04/ende/2022-02-01/nurEinsatz/0/plus/1

As a TFC, I would love to see him return.  However, between this run in qualifying and his recent performances in Champions League over the past few seasons, I would love for a quality team in Europe to take a chance on him.  As long as he is the starter for that club.  If minutes not guaranteed , then I would prefer he stay with Red Star or come home to Toronto FC.  A soon to be 35 year old keeper isn't likely a top target for many European clubs but as a keeper there might be someone who would take him on given his recent form.

37 minutes ago, Shway said:

The amount times Dr. Nick pronounced "Ka-tar" (Qatar) as "Cutter" lol...had to google if he was more educated in the art of language...turns out he was far off.

Great interview though!

Actually, I've heard many Brits and English speaking Euros pronounce it as Cutter. and Cutter is closer to the Arabic pronunciation

Edited by Sal333

2 hours ago, Shway said:

The amount times Dr. Nick pronounced "Ka-tar" (Qatar) as "Cutter" lol...had to google if he was more educated in the art of language...turns out he was far off.

Great interview though!

The issue is the sounds made by the Arabic letters used in Qatar have no identical comparison to those in the English language therefore the true pronunciation is somewhat in between Ka-tar and Cutter (except not really at all). If you were to combine the two and go with Cuh-tar it would probably be as close as you're going to get without emulating the Arabic language itself.

Not sure if this is the best explanation but the Qa- sound for Qatar should almost originate from the throat and not the mouth like it does in English speakers and the R at the end should sound closer to a rolled R sound. It's not my first language, but can hold my own, so hopefully that helps a bit...