Milan Borjan

Vince193

Probably our most important player, our #1 keeper because I believe if we had him against Panama last month in October, he would not have given up any goals. But he was out with COVID but now that he's back, Milan hasn't missed a beat. Definitely going to need him to come up strong tonight against Mexico.

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

Probably our most important player, our #1 keeper because I believe if we had him against Panama last month in October, he would not have given up any goals. But he was out with COVID but now that he's back, Milan hasn't missed a beat. Definitely going to need him to come up strong tonight against Mexico.

I think if theres a top 3 list of most important players for us....he's not on it (no disrespect to Milan either).
We haven't looked shaky when he wasn't there. All props to Crepeau that he can come in and protect the net like his counterpart.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think if theres a top 3 list of most important players for us....he's not on it (no disrespect to Milan either).
We haven't looked shaky when he wasn't there. All props to Crepeau that he can come in and protect the net like his counterpart.

Crepeau yes he's just as good as Milan but Milan is more experienced

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

On the pitch I don't think there's really much to choose between Crepeau and Borjan. But Milan has become the team leader, which is surprising to me, and that's obviously worth something.

not surprising to me at alllll. 
He's been there through thick and thin.....he has the crest tatted on his body. He's a champion. The guys know that, so you gotta respect it. 

The thing I noticed was after the ball went in the net he immediately shifted gears to get the ball and control the play.  Let's just slow down the momentum here and show who's in control.  No way is some Mexican going to take the ball and run back to centre.  It's little things like that winners are made of, they face adversity and instead of going into the fetal position they challenge it.

If Atiba isn't in the lineup, Milan has to be our captain going forward. He's been with us through some shit moments, and he's stepping up to the plate and delivering in these important matches. He's without a doubt the emotional leader of the pack, utilizing the crowd to his advantage and keeping heads calm when the going gets tough. It's not clear if he'll be available next cycle (He'll be 39 by 2026), but he's making the most of this one.

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

If Atiba isn't in the lineup, Milan has to be our captain going forward. He's been with us through some shit moments, and he's stepping up to the plate and delivering in these important matches. He's without a doubt the emotional leader of the pack, utilizing the crowd to his advantage and keeping heads calm when the going gets tough. It's not clear if he'll be available next cycle (He'll be 39 by 2026), but he's making the most of this one.

I could see Milan playing footie until someone wheels him off the pitch in a f@#$ing wheelchair. Strikes me as the kind of guy who just loves playing the game. Whether or not he's a starter somewhere and at a level high enough in 2026 is another question. It's possible though.

Edited by A_Gagne

He's currently under contract with Crvena zvezda until 2023 and apparently the parties are already looking into a further extension. He will probably be around in 2026, even if he is not the starting goalkeeper. His experience and leadership would be assets in the dressing room, no doubt.

Then again, 39 years old is old but not exceptionally old for a goalkeeper. Edwin van der Sar was the starting goalkeeper at Manchester United until age 41. Gábor Király was also playing for Hungary at the Euro 2016 at 40 years of age.