Milan Borjan

Vince193

So here is a long highlights of the match. 

He has a sharp save early 1st half on a low ball, and then few hard ones all match. In extra period, m. 105, he let's a high ball slip through his hands, the kind of error we've seen Borjan make. 

Then, in penalties, he stops Partizan's 4th and 5th. But the highlights don't show an incident. After the Red Star third, the taker taunts the Partizan keeper, and this latter shoves the ball into his face--bench-clearing brawl, lively but mostly tame baseball style. Have to watch the Red Star coach, relaxed in his seat.

So Borjan's stop comes right after this mess, when it's 3-3 in penalties---and the next wins it. 

I agree he was off his line on the second but they seemed to be allowing it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Big game for Borjan and Red Star tonight.  Trailing 1-2 on aggregate to FC Kairat, a Kazakh team. 

So need a win at home to move on in Champions League Qualifying. 

Update: Win 5-0 to go through.

I wasn't worried, you were worried. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

Just now, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Yeah.  Been sort of watching.  Not sure How they were down to this team in the first leg.  

Also must be school? trip night or something, literally thousands of kids in the stands going crazy.

Also, Aleksander Katai, ex Fire player who left MLS in a storm of controversy has 2 goals on the night.

I've said it before but the Serbian league has become pretty poor and Borjan and Red Star running through the league on Semi-Pro mode in FIFA does not prepare them for the harder matches. In recent years when they've made the CL group stages they've gotten hammered.

I'm also convinced Borjan's howlers for Canada are a direct result of him not actually having to do much when he plays club ball.

I have no issue with Crepeau starting over Borjan.

11 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Until Crepeau plays in Europa league and Championship league and drawing Liverpool, Borjan is #1 period. Max needs to get out of MLS and Vancouver. 

Borjan's performances against Liverpool, Napoli, and PSG are starting to get pretty small in the rearview mirror 3 years on, especially considering the pumping Red Star took in the following season's group stage. To suggest that those appearances should trump what's happening right now in the respective goalkeeper's careers is a bit much. Based on Crepeau's performance in the Gold Cup, it's entirely appropriate to be having a hard conversation about who starts next month.

34 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

Borjan's performances against Liverpool, Napoli, and PSG are starting to get pretty small in the rearview mirror 3 years on, especially considering the pumping Red Star took in the following season's group stage. To suggest that those appearances should trump what's happening right now in the respective goalkeeper's careers is a bit much. Based on Crepeau's performance in the Gold Cup, it's entirely appropriate to be having a hard conversation about who starts next month.

Max played really well in the Gold Cup 💯 agreement here. Yes the gap has shorted for sure. But Borjan plays against tougher players/teams in Championship and Europa every year. Max needs to go to Europe or to a better club in MLS and win. Borjan is still number 1 in my book why because he’s playing against tougher competition and he’s got the resume to back it up. Once Max takes that next step, it’s his for sure for a short while because they’re some great GK coming up. My money is on Breza. If he can get a string of games in Montreal he’ll replace James quick ! And off to Italy next year.