Milan Borjan

Vince193

44 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Borjan back to training with Red Star per the Official Twitter feed for the team 

Do we know what the extent of his training is, he could only now getting back into the the swing of things. Covid 19 can certainly have a real effect on people even after the have technically recovered. 

So is there still a real possibility that he can play at the Panama game? He was huge in pumping up the team and the crowd for both home games. 

At least him getting back into training's a good thing. He needs to be 100% negative before he can enter Canada anyways.

1 minute ago, ronjames said:

So is there still a real possibility that he can play at the Panama game? He was huge in pumping up the team and the crowd for both home games. 

At least him getting back into training's a good thing. He needs to be 100% negative before he can enter Canada anyways.

He's already been ruled out for this window. They replaced him with St. Clair.

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

He's already been ruled out for this window. They replaced him with St. Clair.

38 minutes ago, king1010 said:

It can but in the presser Herdman said hes out for the whole window. 

Thanks for the update. Let the man have time to recover and not stress out over having to take at least 2 flights to Toronto.

---

At this point, a Borjan who is only at 80% may still not be better than Crépeau.

2 hours ago, ronjames said:

He did it via video

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to having a complete set of Europa League matches on my Movistar package, I dug up the Red Star match away to Midtjylland--nice first half, surprised.

Especially by the Danes, who are daring, have nice ball talent, some real passing quality in attack. They are leading the league in Denmark, and after watching this, thought: now there is a pretty good league to get some of our guys into. Think Malmo in Sweden, these guys, the level has really come up in Scandinavia again. Denmark, BTW, up to 10th in Fifa rankings today.

While the first 20 was fairly even, then the rivals turned it on, the rain started to come down heavier, and Borjan had some work: a stop on a high shot from a nice run where the defender got turned, a combo in the box payrring it up close, then he got beat after a beauty of a combination in the box that got past his fingertips but hit the post. Later, another good chance, with it so wet he was blocking more than holding. At that point my Spanish announcers (Movistar do every Europa League match, with 2 guys for each, amazing coverage) said he was making his case for man of the match. Scoreless at the half. Borjan also had nice foot distribution under pressure. Solid return to the team. 

Won't watch the 2nd half don't think, or at least not so closely.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks to having a complete set of Europa League matches on my Movistar package, I dug up the Red Star match away to Midtjylland--nice first half, surprised.

Especially by the Danes, who are daring, have nice ball talent, some real passing quality in attack. They are leading the league in Denmark, and after watching this, thought: now there is a pretty good league to get some of our guys into. Think Malmo in Sweden, these guys, the level has really come up in Scandinavia again. Denmark, BTW, up to 10th in Fifa rankings today.

While the first 20 was fairly even, then the rivals turned it on, the rain started to come down heavier, and Borjan had some work: a stop on a high shot from a nice run where the defender got turned, a combo in the box payrring it up close, then he got beat after a beauty of a combination in the box that got past his fingertips but hit the post. Later, another good chance, with it so wet he was blocking more than holding. At that point my Spanish announcers (Movistar do every Europa League match, with 2 guys for each, amazing coverage) said he was making his case for man of the match. Scoreless at the half. Borjan also had nice foot distribution under pressure. Solid return to the team. 

Won't watch the 2nd half don't think, or at least not so closely.

I haven't seen Midtjylland, but they are owned by Matthew Benham -- same guy who owns Brentford and who is somewhat known as the Billy Beane of soccer. Guy seems to know what he's doing.

12 hours ago, El Diego said:

I haven't seen Midtjylland, but they are owned by Matthew Benham -- same guy who owns Brentford and who is somewhat known as the Billy Beane of soccer. Guy seems to know what he's doing.

Didn't know that, but they're a solid team.

Bodo/Glimt embarrassed Roma today--so that is another Scandinavian League to look at again. For the last 10-15 or so you would not consider it, but now I think you can play in Denmark, Sweden or Norway and that is a decent enough level to play for a national team, not all guys but for sure gives you a solid core.

The game ended a draw, but Borjan's team is ahead in their group.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

• 2 weeks later...