Milan Borjan

Vince193

11 hours ago, costarg said:

Only thing holding back Crepeau is 3-4 inches, he'd already be in a better league/team if he was the ideal 6'3" that teams are looking for.  He's got all the other requirements met for a top keeper.

About a quarter to a third of keepers in La Liga are his height, more or less. 

If I put my hands above my head, without jumping, I could scratch Peter Crouch's balding scalp. I'm 5'7", someday I hope I get the chance.

1 hour ago, Markoaleks said:

Zvezda 4 Cluj Romania 0

Milan clean sheet, watched the game and he was solid as usual 

one more game to win then different Europa League challenges /opportunities coming this year for our #1 keeper 

Seems dumb of them to have lost to Sherrif in CL qualifying, but the Moldavians just hammered Dynamo Zagreb so guess they are better than we'd imagined. 

On 8/12/2021 at 6:30 AM, Unnamed Trialist said:

About a quarter to a third of keepers in La Liga are his height, more or less. 

If I put my hands above my head, without jumping, I could scratch Peter Crouch's balding scalp. I'm 5'7", someday I hope I get the chance.

Like this guy, maybe?...

image.jpeg.041e20c2b1a281092da7e8bc5ce45094.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, costarg said:

Only thing holding back Crepeau is 3-4 inches, he'd already be in a better league/team if he was the ideal 6'3" that teams are looking for.  He's got all the other requirements met for a top keeper.

I remember hearing that somewhere else.  Taking all the skills of the position into consideration (including leadership) I thought he did a fantastic job in the GC.  If something happens to Borjan, we won't skip a beat.

On 8/11/2021 at 9:15 PM, costarg said:

He is just like Nick Rimando, who is one of the best keepers in MLS history and would have been in Europe if not for his height.

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Red Star drawn with 

SC Braga 

Ludogorets

Midtjylland

In Europa League Group F

Should get out. Midtjylland were one of the Pot 4 teams that worried me for my club, but I think Braga were one of the easier Pot 1 teams.  

Braga, made me think of Juvy Kooner who is in the youth academy. Seems they are back training and playing, see a match from yesterday on his IG.

8 hours ago, Infernal said:

I didn't watch the game, how many of the goals were his fault?

I mostly agree with UT but he didn’t cover the near post very well on Heards goal. Overall this was PFCs win and not Crepeaus loss. In fact it could have been 6 or 7 were it not for Max. Amazing night. Real derby game. 

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Red Star drawn with 

SC Braga 

Ludogorets

Midtjylland

In Europa League Group F

Should get out. Midtjylland were one of the Pot 4 teams that worried me for my club, but I think Braga were one of the easier Pot 1 teams.  

Seems to be a fairly even group to me, not sure if Red Star or Braga are favorites here, but I could see any of these teams advancing. Like you say, they probably should get out, but I wouldn't bet the house on it. 

I will admit that I was one who was wondering if Crepeau may displace Borjan on the basis of his strong GC play.  But last night Borjan was a beast.  That diving header outside the box took some serious cajones and I don’t know if a less edgy keeper is even position to get there in time.  And I think he got just enough of the late shot to push it onto the post.  Hell, he was inches away from saving a pretty much perfect PK.  

There was some blame to go around in the result last night, but none of it goes on him.