Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

On 8/26/2021 at 4:42 AM, Strait Red said:

I asked Nef/Galindo about Ugbo’s eligibility for Canada and the question was answered on their most recent podcast. He did not obtain citizenship while living here as a child. He cannot receive it now, so he is ineligible for us.

🙃🙃🙃

(To be clear, nothing against you @Strait Red, but clearly have to wonder how Nef and Galindo thought they could make such a definitive statement less than 3 months ago)

Just now, El Diego said:

🙃🙃🙃

(To be clear, nothing against you @Strait Red, but clearly have to wonder how Nef and Galindo thought they could make such a definitive statement less than 3 months ago)

It would be really nice if a journalist could ask exactly how he is eligible. This is not something we can afford to mess up, especially when we're in a good spot as is. Could you imagine the damage it would do to our program if we had an ineligible player?

Just now, CanadaFan123 said:

It would be really nice if a journalist could ask exactly how he is eligible. This is not something we can afford to mess up, especially when we're in a good spot as is. Could you imagine the damage it would do to our program if we had an ineligible player?

No offence to Galindo and Nef, but I'm sure our guys have done their homework

On 6/23/2020 at 4:52 PM, TGAA_Star said:

They could but do you really think he is going to pass Nigeria up when they have been a consistent World Cup nation, a perennial African team with a rich World Cup history to play for Canada? Let's be realistic here. Not to mention if he also qualifies for England, then really look at England's talent and compare it to that of Canada. Need I say more?

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I have zero concerns about his eligibility. If he somehow isn't eligible then you might as well immediately fire everyone involved.

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

So Galindo was guessing then? 

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37106

Here Ugbo says he lived in Canada for 4-5 years. 

That tweet sure makes it seem like he was speculating. I didn't listen to the podcast so I don't know how it was framed. I'm kinda lazy and don't feel like listening all the way through, so if anyone has the timestamp I would be interested in hearing how the info was presented.