Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

9 minutes ago, ShaneC06 said:

As ESPN's Ian Darke said on the broadcast "that was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an America team in my 10 years covering them." What a bloody win by the Canadians! Maybe we can get this game on TV next time?

It was one of the worst performances because we simply made them look bad 

Quick thought about the tackle on Lareya late in the game from Sargeant.  Commentary thought it was red, but on review it was a yellow.  But interesting that Bradley wasn't really in the thick of trying to keep players apart from the scrum.  Bradley seems not to be the leader on the field.

I was a touch worried at halftime watching Canada come out - no one was talking or encouraging each other.  US players seemed much more united. Glad to see that didn't matter in the end.

While I do think this win is a one-off (Canadian commentators just need to lower their heady statements about us now being "level" with the US), it's so important to get the monkey off our backs.

I still think this Nation's league is fixed to get Canada through.  Just my view.

Edited by Ruud

1 minute ago, Ruffian said:

It was on my TV. Support Onesoccer who support Canadian soccer.

I'm more talking about the casual sports fans who don't want to subscribe to One Soccer because they don't care enough. I support One Soccer, but there are a lot of people in this country who had no idea that this game was going on today. 

1 minute ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

Big time credit to Fraser for stepping up under pressure. A lotvof big plays and well-timed tackles.

I honestly didn't know he was in the squad for this match until he came on the pitch. Had a few hairy moments but still played well above any expectations anyone could have had of him in that situation.

1 minute ago, Ruud said:

Quick thought about the tackle on Lareya late in the game from Sargeant.  Commentary thought it was red, but on review it was a yellow.  But interesting that Bradley wasn't really in the thick of trying to keep players apart from the scrum.  Bradley seems not to be the leader on the field.

I was a touch worried at halftime watching Canada come out - no one was talking or encouraging each other.  US players seemed much more united. Glad to see that didn't matter in the end.

I still think this Nation's league is fixed to get Canada through.  Just my view.

Yeah, they were all in the flow. Look how they celebrated together. Even the subs were euphoric.

2 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I honestly didn't know he was in the squad for this match until he came on the pitch. Had a few hairy moments but still played well above any expectations anyone could have had of him in that situation.

He actually wasn't even in the initial call ups. He replaced Will Johnson who pulled out due to family reasons 

I see so many people in here focusing on the negatives and how Tsn etc messed up.... WE JUST BEAT(....AND DOMINATED) THE USA FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 30 YEARS!!!! Enjoy the moment and focus on Canada’s truly historic win

7 minutes ago, jonovision said:

He immediately came on, identified McKennie as their main man, and proceeded to give him a big 85-minute fuck you. I love it. This team needs that kind of swagger.

What an incredible night! This was exactly the performance I was hoping for AND the result was pure magic.  We out-desired them. (Or, if you'd prefer, we out-Crepeaued them.)

Gritty, hard fought, well-organized defensively, solid tactics and some good football along the way.  There was leadership out there in spades, even with Atiba not in the squad.  There is much to do on the path upwards, but this was a solid step forward. Very proud of these guys, Herdman included. I've been teary-eyed and smiling since the final whistle.  

2 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Most excited I've been since Canada beat Mexico in the Gold Cup in 2000.  Unlike that historic match I really feel that we dominated the US.  Not a fluke, not because of a bad call, but because we were quite obviously the superior team.  Les Rouges are hungry and so are their fans.

Almost word-for-word what I wrote on my other soccer board.  I would only add "not just a "lucky penalty call or dead ball corner"

I honestly thought herdman was over complicating things by playing 4 central midfielders. I stand corrected. I don't care how we did it, we absolutely dominated the Americans, and showed the football world that Canada is finally here to stay!!!! So proud of the country today, we all showed up!!

Edited by InBorjanWeTrust
Clarity

12 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Only 17,000 but the atmosphere was amazing. So many strong performances but ones I would highlight

lareya - incredible performance and really was a thorn in pulisic’s side all night 

Piette - what a destroyer

arfield - Showed up the Americans midfield 

vitoria - so confident and composed 

Osorio was great as well, was up and down the pitch cutting off passing lanes then jumping up field helping unlock the US defense. Everyone was pretty much great this was the most complete/focused I have ever seen Canada perform.