Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

Excellent performance from the team and the fans.  The South end was electric and the players were amazing.  Herdman obviously did a good job in prep after we V’s destroyed him after the lineup was announced at Shoeless Joes.  Absolutely stoked to be part of this tonight. Ball is in our court and we dominated the bloody Yankees tonight.  I can’t wait to watch the replay onOne Soccer and truly relive every minute of this historic game!!!

Edited by Club Linesman

Wow!  Not really surprised, i thought we could beat them, at least on paper, but I doubted we'd beat them on the field. 

Masterclass from Herdman, i dare anyone step up and criticise his night.  He got everything right, from the 11, to the tactics, including the changes. 10/10.

Borjan scared the shit out of me with that brainfart.  Was like deja-vu, was nice to see him laugh it off though.

The defence really did everything they needed to.  They deserve and earned loads of credit.  Not sure where Henry fits in next game.  Miller was a beast, he will develop into a star.  Vitoria has cemented his spot.  Cornelius compliments Vitoria's game well.  Laryea showed the way, we found this guy at the right moment.  Didn't even think he was an option at the Gold Cup.  I pictured him as # 4-5 RB.  

Our midfield is incredible, can't believe that performance was without Kaye.  A year ago, I never would have believed Canada could dominate the midfield vs the USA. 

David and Davies scared the crap out of their defence.  Everyone will play us differently now, pretty sure we'll see more teams sit back to avoid our counters and build-up from now on.  Curious to see how the US will play us next game, will they actually sit back or come out guns loaded and risk getting hit on the counter after seeing that potential tonight?  Will Berhlater still be there in Orlando?

Crazy thing is, we're not even obliged to stick to this 11 or tonights system.  We can still mix things up.

So exciting, not sure how i'll sleep.

21 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Most excited I've been since Canada beat Mexico in the Gold Cup in 2000.  Unlike that historic match I really feel that we dominated the US.  Not a fluke, not because of a bad call, but because we were quite obviously the superior team.  Les Rouges are hungry and so are their fans.

I know we all want to wipe that qualifying campaign from our memories, but in 2014 qualifying beating Panama 1-0 on a De Rosario goal was probably the biggest moment since 2000. That was probably the closest we came to the HEX ever. Of course we won't talk about how that campaign ended. 

Today's result was different because most people aren't really aware of what Nations League is or its implications for the upcoming WCQ. 

That being said it's amazing to slay a giant, even if it's on their way down. 

7 minutes ago, Razcal said:

This win gives us about +17.6 points

El Salvador gets +5 for their win vs. St. Lucia.

So.. we are currently at...

5 - HON 1368
6 - CAN 1340
7 - SLV 1336
8 - CUW 1323

Not sure how this works but what does a draw and El Salvador win do next round ?

28 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

Osorio was great as well, was up and down the pitch cutting off passing lanes then jumping up field helping unlock the US defense. Everyone was pretty much great this was the most complete/focused I have ever seen Canada perform.

1st impression if Arfield isn't MoTM, has to be Osorio.  Very strong performance by both men to my mind.

Jig is up.  Florida is going to be fun.  

8 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

We’re going to have to start a gofundme to get you down to Orlando 

My other friend is 8 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses. 

The third friend in our trio moved to 3 wins, 0 losses tonight. 

:)

Edited by Hawkguy

3 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

1st impression if Arfield isn't MoTM, has to be Osorio.  Very strong performance by both men to my mind.

Jig is up.  Florida is going to be fun.  

I thought Arfield was the worst of the bunch. 

Now tonight being the worst is still absolutely amazing... but Piette and Osorio were on another level. Davies was a nightmare for them. David too. 

Our backline gets a lot of hate. But tonight... wow. So good.

8 minutes ago, nolando said:

LOL.  Bit dramatic.  

Or... Canada won the midfield and the forward put the fear of God into the US last line with confident aggresive play?  Seriously, there was a very good eye tonight to quicky turn opportunities into attacks which I don't expect many were anticipating.  And that happend because of what was happeneing in the middle third.  Outstanding. 

16 minutes ago, costarg said:

Wow!  Not really surprised, i thought we could beat them, at least on paper, but I doubted we'd beat them on the field. 

Masterclass from Herdman, i dare anyone step up and criticise his night.  He got everything right, from the 11, to the tactics, including the changes. 10/10.

Borjan scared the **** out of me with that brainfart.  Was like deja-vu, was nice to see him laugh it off though.

The defence really did everything they needed to.  They deserve and earned loads of credit.  Not sure where Henry fits in next game.  Miller was a beast, he will develop into a star.  Vitoria has cemented his spot.  Cornelius compliments Vitoria's game well.  Laryea showed the way, we found this guy at the right moment.  Didn't even think he was an option at the Gold Cup.  I pictured him as # 4-5 RB.  

Our midfield is incredible, can't believe that performance was without Kaye.  A year ago, I never would have believed Canada could dominate the midfield vs the USA. 

David and Davies scared the crap out of their defence.  Everyone will play us differently now, pretty sure we'll see more teams sit back to avoid our counters and build-up from now on.  Curious to see how the US will play us next game, will they actually sit back or come out guns loaded and risk getting hit on the counter after seeing that potential tonight?  Will Berhlater still be there in Orlando?

Crazy thing is, we're not even obliged to stick to this 11 or tonights system.  We can still mix things up.

So exciting, not sure how i'll sleep.

Davies has kicked it up another gear since the last times we saw him. he is developing exponentially at Bayern. he seemed quicker and way more confident in dribbling past not 1 but sometimes 3 opponents. In the past he used to knock the ball forward then try to run on, now he is controlling the ball and rounding the defenders.

Crazy he is still only 18