Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

7 minutes ago, lamptern said:

I am in tears. I have been waiting  this to happen for soooooooo many years! !!!!

I’m with you man. Literally crying. Waited so long for this since I was a 15-16 year old cheering Canada as a World Cup underdog.  Let’s take it all in Orlando. Smash and grab. Fucking let’s go boys!

4 hours ago, toontownman said:

No its fine I know he has the talent and also a lot of love here, which maybe tells its own story to my opinion! The times I have seen him certainly in the last year I didn't get it. The cynical foul is often overlooked and important but I when I have seen him he has look complacent and more than a few times caught in possession, might be the opposition that lessened his concentration. Most times we have looked in trouble it has been from a Piette sloppy backpass, losing possession or giving up a foul. Maybe that is also a glass half full/empty or more likely 2 thirds empty in my case and I am only seeing the bad parts of his game which overall isn't as bad. Maybe I am going mad too. 

Either way if he starts we need his best game. 

Don't think I have had the narcissism to quote my own post before but... Piette deserves credit tonight. This is the player I have read about. Way to step up and prove me wrong. Maybe one misplaced pass and one moment of miscommunication otherwise faultless but faultless is an insult to the performance put in by him and everyone else. 

Wow, wow, wow. The passing and attacking pay is the best I have seen. Real quality.

Unbelievable backline. Vitoria undroppable for the return leg, sorry Doneil. Miller INCREDIBLE. He is the real deal I think and a real boon for us at the back. Cornelius stepped up. Laryea was solid up and down the pitch. 

Huge credit to Fraser, especially for the goal. 9/10 midfielders would have smashed that way up over the bar. The right decision passing to Arfield and the goal came. He was very good after a tough start being thrown in early. 

Arfield is king. Osorio ran his heart out. Real credit to the midfield losing Kaye. I was worried and they did such an incredible job.

David had an off night but still caused so many problems. Hoilett and Cavs added so much even without that incredible finish. Nothing anyone can say more on Phonzie. Beautiful man. 

Man I could type all night. 

CONGRATS EVERYONE! 

Half the job done. Now a result in Orlando!

1 minute ago, finchster said:

I would've been happy with the game on regular tv.... 

What a missed opportunity. Fuck you TSN, Sportsnet and CBC. 

Weird Question - On the Canada bench what was Caldwell doing there or was it a look a like. I feel this is a dejavu situation and not because its his brother. 

Edited by toontownman
Too happy a situation to end on a fuck you!

6 minutes ago, ShaneC06 said:

As ESPN's Ian Darke said on the broadcast "that was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from an America team in my 10 years covering them." What a bloody win by the Canadians! Maybe we can get this game on TV next time?

It was on my TV. Support Onesoccer who support Canadian soccer.

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

They only showed back one of the three offside situations against us. Oddly enough, it was the only one that wasn't actually called, and the replay showed it to be correctly ruled onside. I'd like to have seen quick replays of the 2 called against Phonz. They were both very close.

ESPN showed them. He was onside by some margin on the first one