Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

Gahh. We should be ahead. Congrats on the tactics Herdman, likewise well done to the players. Only a half down though and we need the win. Its usual concacaf reffing. Should have been more cards, things missed and 1 minute added on. hmm. 

The game is there for the taking, we have to be clinical. 

Whole midfield is pressing well, winning balls back, filling gaps, and playing one touch passes and aggressive balls forward. Attack seems to be stalling on the right with Laryea. Left is a better option.

Davies looks super confident but is trying to do too much. The rest of the team needs to give him some channels so he can play a through ball or they can play a one-two.

Fraser had a dumb moment but has a acquitted himself well. Love the confidence, good feet and good passer.

Piette and Arfield look great. Piette's timing has been spot on and Arfield is all over the place. So is Osorio. He had a problem with ball movement stalling when it got to him but he's playing at the same tempo as everyone else.

Vitoria and Cornelius look like a stable pair. Vitoria is canny and composed, Cornelius is confidently sweeping dangerous balls away.

David picked the wrong option on that gimme but I think he's going to make amends.

All in all, this is not your Daddy's Canada Men's National Team. Better than expected.

3 minutes ago, Big_M said:

absolutely masterful tactics by herdman up to now:

sending laryea and miller wide and high when we have ball at the back and bringing fraser and piette back near the cb's so they are the ones touching the ball

arfield and osorio wide on paper but playing very narrow in offensive and defensive phase..offensively it allows for high quality players to combine with quick short passes and defensively they can press quickly together when the ball is lost to get it back quickly

I agree, if David finishes it is a masterstroke.

My only concern has been giving the wide attacking to them or expecting Vitoria - not the quickest - to come out there regularly.

Great tactics so far- especially the play up the right side with Laryea.  He’s been combining and linking so well with Davies.

I’m a bit worried by Miller out there.  He’s ok defensively but going forward he doesn’t have the touch or dynamic play that we need.

We should be up 1-0 I think but nothing can be taken for granted.  I’m worried that Pusilic can have 1 good minute and every time the ball goes down that side I hold my breath.

Just now, Ruffian said:

I don't see why they couldn't show that replay?

They only showed back one of the three offside situations against us. Oddly enough, it was the only one that wasn't actually called, and the replay showed it to be correctly ruled onside. I'd like to have seen quick replays of the 2 called against Phonz. They were both very close.

At the game, from seeing the entire field. ..

We def look more confident and the better team with better movement. 

Game is very very tight, not much space out there.

Mckennie is a POS. 

Not crazy windy but we were still going into wind first half. 

What a task for Fraser, knock on wood but have to give him mad props for that first half. 

David soooo close. 

I think we can do this, US look fairly flat going forward, will be interesting what happens. when Zardes comes on and if they make any adjustments.

Alrighty, back to game let's do this!

I'm mainly concerned about the reported attendance matching up with the photo the Parrot posts of BMO 1/2 hour before the match.

Helluva game so far though.  Fans right into it.

Guy next to me has been in Toronto a month, from China, here studying, but he's a longtime Bayern Munich fan and showed me a picture of him and Alphonso taken in Munich.  So excited, loves Davies.

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

Great tactics so far- especially the play up the right side with Laryea.  He’s been combining and linking so well with Davies.

I’m a bit worried by Miller out there.  He’s ok defensively but going forward he doesn’t have the touch or dynamic play that we need.

We should be up 1-0 I think but nothing can be taken for granted.  I’m worried that Pusilic can have 1 good minute and every time the ball goes down that side I hold my breath.

Yeah we seem to be aware of that and some combination of Laryea, Vitoria, Piette, and Fraser are doing a decent job harrying him on that side. The danger is later in the game when we might not be as sprightly. I can see Pulisic going past Laryea and then Vitoria.