Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

18 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

That guy Kartik is a very deep thinker.  Very informed on the history of our team and our current player pool.

In this age of information it actually takes effort NOT to be informed.  For most of these clowns all it would take it 5 minutes reading a wikipedia entry but even that is too much for them.

3 hours ago, narduch said:

Happy to see Arfield and Vitoria get some recognition. Piette or Osorio would have also been a good choice in midfield. So many good performances, but you can't pick em all.

Cornelius was voted to this team and was voted to the GC 19 group stage team...

There is either someone at concacaf that really, really likes this guy or perhaps he is actually good and actually deserves credit. We rate him highly, of course, but the mls pundits continue to sleep on him. The most positive thing I have heard is matt doyle say he is a promising young player with young player issues, which is a dig essentially.

23 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Happy to see Arfield and Vitoria get some recognition. Piette or Osorio would have also been a good choice in midfield. So many good performances, but you can't pick em all.

There is either someone at concacaf that really, really likes this guy or perhaps he is actually good and actually deserves credit. We rate him highly, of course, but the mls pundits continue to sleep on him. The most positive thing I have heard is matt doyle say he is a promising young player with young player issues, which is a dig essentially.

I've watched the US game a zillion times now. He was impeccable, both with clearances and positioning. 

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

Defensively he hasn’t put a wrong foot in since the beginning of the Gold Cup. His weakness is his passing. He’s the worst passer on the team by a decent margin. The Mexicans exploited that with the press as soon as he got the ball. The US decided not to, which gave him time to make simple plays. 

1 hour ago, TOCanada115 said:

Defensively he hasn’t put a wrong foot in since the beginning of the Gold Cup. His weakness is his passing. He’s the worst passer on the team by a decent margin. The Mexicans exploited that with the press as soon as he got the ball. The US decided not to, which gave him time to make simple plays. 

This was not a passing problem, this was a decision making problem. And against Mexico, the game was a higher level of play than he's previously experienced. That probably explains it.

There is no issue with his passing. In fact, I would say that is one of his strengths.

1 hour ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Is it just me or have the replay and highlights of the match been scrubbed from Onesoccer?  I can't see it anywhere.  I'm sure there's a rational explanation like Alexi Lalas hacking into the server to destroy the evidence

Both are still on my phone app. Did have to click "more" to find it as lots of games have happened since. Havent checked my browser version though.

12 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Is it just me or have the replay and highlights of the match been scrubbed from Onesoccer?  I can't see it anywhere.  I'm sure there's a rational explanation like Alexi Lalas hacking into the server to destroy the evidence

It's there. Just have to search through the replays probably. I had this issue when trying to re-watch the Cuba games last month. Even those are still up for viewing, so I doubt the USA game was moved.