Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

14 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Is everyone suddenly supportive of Davies at LB? I feel like those pointing out the merits of that have been taking flak for ages

I think it's a tough question. Is Davies our best left back? Depends on who you ask. But I think then it becomes Davies vs Junior on the left wing and I think Davies is an automatic starter and it would be awfully difficult to sit Hoilett the way he has played for us recently. I'd much rather have Davies and Hoilett on the left than have Adekugbe and one of Davies or Junior sit on the bench.

Unless of course Cav starts on the bench and you have Alphonso and Junior flank with David at striker. In my opinion I don't think we'll be seeing any new formations with David in the midfield. Also imo we would have called Larin if we were planning on playing David at CAM.  

"The hate that we have toward the Americans is just natural – even if you don't like soccer."  - Piette

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/10/12/samuel-piette-canada-holds-natural-hate-us-mens-national-team

I appreciate how much he cares but why on earth would you give the opponent any bulletin board material.  This is one of those things you think but don't say to a journalist. 

17 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

"The hate that we have toward the Americans is just natural – even if you don't like soccer."  - Piette

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/10/12/samuel-piette-canada-holds-natural-hate-us-mens-national-team

I appreciate how much he cares but why on earth would you give the opponent any bulletin board material.  This is one of those things you think but don't say to a journalist. 

im ok with it. If he was saying theyre overrated and Canada is the favorites then thats bulletin board material because you’re not respecting your opponent. I dont think a team would consider posting “the other team hates us” on their “bulletin board” in the locker room. Not liking(but respecting) your opponent is natural in sport

Edited by king1010

36 minutes ago, king1010 said:

im ok with it. If he was saying theyre overrated and Canada is the favorites then thats bulletin board material because you’re not respecting your opponent. I dont think a team would consider posting “the other team hates us” on their “bulletin board” in the locker room. Not liking(but respecting) your opponent is natural in sport

I'm loving it. Bring on the shit talk. I'm with Piette

3 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The Piette quote has been “trumped” as in taken way out of context.  If you read/hear the actual quote it’s not nearly as bad. 

Weird that you’d use “trumped” in that context, given how DJT’s actual quotes are usually as bad or worse than how they’re quoted.

But enough political talk. Piette knew exactly what he was saying.

Their RB Yedlin is coming off an injury.  Their LB is actually a right back.  Bradley's lack of pace has been exploited in MLS this year.  We will need to do the same.  Pulisic and McKennie are class, but Roldan, Morris and Sargent are just regular guys.

I really hope Adekugbe starts.  I feel like Miller and Phonzie's lack of positional experience would be exploited.  I can live with having one full back who is new to the position, but not both.  Lets hope Laryea has the game of his life and shuts down Pulisic.

Overall, we need to play the better team game.  Press them so they can't execute their game plan, and just take it easy and wait for our chances.  I want to see us play a more mature game than we have in the past.  Against Jamaica in 2017, we carried the play at the outset and they absorbed it and caught us on a counter / long ball.  Twice.  We can't let that happen again.  We can't go nuts looking for that early goal.  And if we do get a lead, we can't be reactive to the opponent's changes in the second half.  We have to dictate the play the whole game. 

This will be the most pressure packed game in Herdman's coaching career.  He really has to come through and show his quality.  I wish him all the luck in the world. 

23 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Don Cherry theory of mind

8 hours ago, Ngravs said:

Piette’s game is all about the “crap” he talks. He plays a fierce game with passion and that’s what we need. If he can limit the turnovers he will play a big role in helping us get a result. 

Let's hope. If not, hes gonna hear about it.

7 hours ago, Aird25 said:

The tamest of quotes to get hung up on. 

It's falls into a lazy anti american sentiment that is all too acceptable and is one of the worst qualities of us as Candians. 

I've decided to draw attention to it.

If it were any other country people would raise a fuss.

Edited by Califax