Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

Canada has been attacking as a 4-3-3 and defending as a 4-4-2 for a while now.  I guess they just cut to the chase.  

Osorio and Arfield have lots of experience as wide midfielders in a 4-4-2 diamond and Kaye makes a good AM with his passing and 2 way play.  Kaye can provide a mismatch vs Bradley.

Its a bit defensive but they have to account for the US’s skill as well.  

The US hasn’t been as good bringing things up the central midfield for the last year.  I think this lineup is designed to boss the middle and disrupt their passing flow.  

Edit- Our quick counterattack will be lethal with Arfield and Osorio’s precision passing up top to a cold blooded finisher in David or super fast Davies.  

This is clearly a lineup designed to counter attack and terrify the opponent. We have 4 very good midfielders out there who can all play 2 ways.

Edited by baulderdash77

2 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

The US hasn’t been as good bringing things up the central midfield for the last year.  I think this lineup is designed to boss the middle and disrupt their passing flow.  

Hope we have proper cover when they bomb down the flanks. 

6 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

Have to see how it actually shakes out but those players look made for clogging the middle and then breaking fast. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

1 minute ago, Kusch to the Corner said:

As mentioned elsewhere above, I would have preferred this lineup for the away match where we would potentially be happy with a draw. Since this game is a must-win, I wish we would have been more aggressive

Exactly this... We need this win. At home in front of our fans with perhaps a US team which doesn't have much of a stake in the game is when we should be coming out aggressively.