Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Ansem

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Not to be argumentative, but in a Canada jersey, I couldn't disagree more.  I think Piette is very effective in his role.  I don't see silly fouls and conceding possession - I have seen retaining possession and breaking up attacks (often without fouls bit where they are given it has seemed like a great trade off).  I don't see him as a ball mover, so I am fine with a sideways pass after he has executed his predominantly defensive duties.

No its fine I know he has the talent and also a lot of love here, which maybe tells its own story to my opinion! The times I have seen him certainly in the last year I didn't get it. The cynical foul is often overlooked and important but I when I have seen him he has look complacent and more than a few times caught in possession, might be the opposition that lessened his concentration. Most times we have looked in trouble it has been from a Piette sloppy backpass, losing possession or giving up a foul. Maybe that is also a glass half full/empty or more likely 2 thirds empty in my case and I am only seeing the bad parts of his game which overall isn't as bad. Maybe I am going mad too. 

Either way if he starts we need his best game. 

These are the games we wait for all year!  Finally a game, in person, against a non-minnow.

Defensive worries aside, I think we might need to score 2 or 3 in this one to come away with a win.

Also hoping Herdman has the boys ready to press cohesively enough to not get ripped apart.  I think an intelligent press is vital: knowing when to press hard and when to release and fall back and cover.

1 hour ago, Ngravs said:

Haven’t been this nervous in a while. Contain Pullisic and Mckennie and we’ll be okay. Let’s get em BOYS 

I may actually be more nervous about Mckennie than Pulisic. The latter is obviously the key attacker, but he really didn't impress against Cuba.

31 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I may actually be more nervous about Mckennie than Pulisic. The latter is obviously the key attacker, but he really didn't impress against Cuba.

I'm nervous now seeing our lineup. 

No Cav, No Hoilett. 

So uh, is Osorio playing as a winger or are we playing a diamond with Davies and David up front?

If the former, is Osorio gonna a play on the right? He had played on the left wing before but I dont recall him ever playing on the right.

Edited by Colliedor

My guess?

------ Miller, Cornelius Vitoria --- 

Laryea -------------------------- Davies

------ Osorio Piette Kaye --------

------------------ Arfield ----------------

------------------ David -------------------

Edit - or Osorio up with Arfield 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

My guess?

------ Miller, Cornelius Vitoria --- 

Laryea -------------------------- Davies

------ Osorio Piette Kaye --------

------------------ Arfield ----------------

------------------ David -------------------

Edit - or Osorio up with Arfield 

This is the only formation that can excuse these selections. Herdman's head is on the line after this one, his reputation is all in on this one.