Jonathan David

Vince193

Looks like they're playing a second division team, KV Mechelen. With a player valuation of about 10M Pounds according to Transfermarkt, that's significantly below that of Gent which has a valuation of 60M Pounds.

Mechelen will probably bunker and play for PK's and try to exploit on the counter when possible.  

I'm guessing David will play his usual CAM and a big plus for Gent is that he doesn't neglect his defensive duties at all.

11 hours ago, Jith12 said:

David's Gent play in the Belgian Cup final tomorrow, and winning the cup will be very important to them. They are currently in last place in the league championship playoffs, which means that their hopes of Europa League qualification via the league route is nearly zero. However, if they win tomorrow's cup final, they will earn a berth in the Europa League group stage. Playing Europa League would be great for David's development (assuming that he stays with Gent for next season), so a win tomorrow would be great for him.

He started on the bench the last game I guess to spare him cause he's starting right now. Wouldn't surprise me if he plays a HUGE game!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jordan said:

All the goals 

Wow, so many composed finishes, I think I have seen most of the goals already but when you see them in a highlight package like this his finishing skills really stand out! There were a couple of free headers there, however most of his goals required some great composure to finish them off, I think it will be tough to keep him off the field for our MNT!

• 2 weeks later...