Cyle Larin

shermanator

4 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Hopefully the injury doesn't derail a move this window. 

I don't think there's any way he doesn't get moved if he's refused a contract. No way Besiktas would let him go on a free next summer, that money would be very important for them, even if they have to accept a bit of a lowball offer.

It's a gamble but fair play for his ambition and hunger. Many players after the season he just had would have gladly taken the contract. He would have been comfortable and playing at a great level at Besiktas. The fact he is going to try and push himself further is great for him and the CMNT.

I hope he lands somewhere decent

10 minutes ago, toontownman said:

It's a gamble but fair play for his ambition and hunger. Many players after the season he just had would have gladly taken the contract. He would have been comfortable and playing at a great level at Besiktas. The fact he is going to try and push himself further is great for him and the CMNT.

I hope he lands somewhere decent

Maybe €2M is an honest offer in Turkey considering the blockbuster season he's had, and it's only one season, but feels low ball to me.  

Besiktas would counter they stuck with him when he was stumbling and to be fair.  Still, think they'd sell him on in a second for the right money after he re-signs or I haven't be paying attention for the last 40 years of following football.

I think he can succeed in EPL, but IMO, it can't be as depth on a team that plays with a lone striker. He was fantastic with Besiktas when Aboubakar was on the pitch with him, and pretty miserable when he was the centrepiece. He was linked to Tottenham earlier, and that would be an absolute nightmare move... big as he is, he doesn't have the tools to beat CB's by himself. He would immediately become the scapegoat he was at Besiktas before this season for not being Harry Kane.

He needs to be in a striker pairing / used as an inside forward to succeed and he should only make that move if that's how they see him.

9 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think Larin’s game will translate well to Bundesliga.  I’d like to see him make a move there where he can be excellent.

I know that there is interest from the Premier League and Series A as well but I think his game will translate better in Bundesliga.

Yeah it would depending on what team in the Bundesliga he were to end up on

Some updates via Google translate. 

Probably a translation of a translation but is he saying he will be back for the first game of season (Aug13)?

"Larin, who made a significant contribution to the double championship achieved with his successful performance on the offensive line last season, said, “My situation is getting better. I plan to start my duty with the first game of the league," he said. The medical team of the Black-Whites also stated that the player will regain his health in the near future."

Seems good news whatever exactly is being said. 

https://www.aksam.com.tr/spor/cyle-larin-son-durumunu-acikladi/haber-1192846

Also a longer update on the team as a whole which brings this Translate gem.

"The slow pace in the facilities caused extreme fatigue with the effect of humid air. It's like there are shackles on the moon." In the bad, there is some good news for us "The defense made a stage error. Except for Souza and Atiba, the leading ones are ineffective."

Upfront:

"Cyle Larin returned from the national team injured. It works within its capacity of trust. The newly recruited Kenan stays away from the castle. The strikeout continues." 

https://www.fanatik.com.tr/yazarlar/orhan-yildirim/kartal-ucus-arefesinde-2234511

11 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Marseille and Rennes would be very nice moves and both would be a step up.

Has Rennes ever actually spent money on an "already developped" player?  I was under the impression they only bought young and developped for a profit?  Their academy is reputedly one of the best in Europe. 

Were they not looking for +10M a short while ago? I guess that's the opportunity cost of holding onto him for their title run.

Marseille has been a bit of a shit show, but they have more prestige than either Rennes or Bordeaux.

That would be my preferred choice if those are his options, but he could sign anywhere he wants on a free. Maybe he's better off doing that? You'd think clubs like West Ham and Everton would be happy to scoop him up for nothing.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Has Rennes ever actually spent money on an "already developped" player?  I was under the impression they only bought young and developped for a profit?  Their academy is reputedly one of the best in Europe. 

Looking at their transfer record on Transfermarkt, in the last 2 seasons they have 6 signings over 10 million USD, including Jérémy Doku for almost 30 million USD as their record signing, and this current season they signed Loïc Badé, a centre back from Lens for almost 20 million. These aren't developed players but the fees show that they wouldn't have a problem spending the 8-10 million it'd take to sign Larin.

5 hours ago, Obinna said:

Were they not looking for +10M a short while ago? I guess that's the opportunity cost of holding onto him for their title run.

Marseille has been a bit of a shit show, but they have more prestige than either Rennes or Bordeaux.

That would be my preferred choice if those are his options, but he could sign anywhere he wants on a free. Maybe he's better off doing that? You'd think clubs like West Ham and Everton would be happy to scoop him up for nothing.

I think the story was that they were going to offer him a new contract and when/if he refused they were officially going to put him up for sale. I think that is when it went from 10 to 8.  But the press has been about him being back, until these French links.  And of course , who know what is exactly true. 

Both Benítez and Moyes have usually played with a lone striker and I am not sure that Larin's best role.  Though I would not mind seeing what he could do replacing Jesse Lingard.   But probably too much of a risk for Moyes.

If Besiktas sign Diego Costa or De Jong, or I have even heard Canning Town boy Akpom from Middlesbrough, I would not mind him staying, playing off them, scoring some goals in the Champions League etc. I guess it up to them whether they want to sacrifice the fee.